1. The sorting hat!

(Hello to all the he's, hers, they's and the gays! I hope your all ok. This story can get cringe at times so, I apologize in advance)

~Lilys Pov~

I'm Lily. Lily Eastell. I have light brown hair that runs down to my waist. I'm going to Hogwarts this year! Crazy right! I'm in 3rd year. Yep. You read correct. 3rd year. My father let my brother go to Hogwarts but he was differing about me. He didn't want to lose another child by them going to Hogwarts. Or another family member in general. It was unfair, but he taught me everything I need to know. I thought I would be behind, but my father thought otherwise. Apparently I was ahead if anything. I'm in the same year as Harry potter, Hermione and Ron and Luna and if I was to try name everyone then we will be here all day...

The reason I know about these people is because my brother Archie told me about them. He didn't go into detail but he said something along the lines of me going to be new to Hogwarts so he wanted to guarantee that I had friends. My brother was always protective of me. He was a year above me. He always told me tales that people were scared of him because he was great at curses and wouldn't be afraid to hex anyone who deserved it. Me and Archie are both 'purebloods' as they say in the wizarding world. Both our parents are wizards. Archie says it's another reason why some people feared him. I don't think that his story's are true but something about them makes them feel a little true. Archie always tells story's though. I guess I'll know when I see it.

"Lils if you don't hurry up, neither of us are getting to Hogwarts!" Archie shouted from the bottom of the stairs. I laughed. I grabbed my belongings and ran downstairs.

***

"Now Archie, behave yourself and take care of your sister for goodness sake." Ma spoke to my brother. She then looked at me. I was very close to her height, So she didn't have to look down. "I'm going to miss you Lily. And remember that if you don't feel safe or have any troubles, tell Archie. Behave yourself as well. I don't want any complaints." She said to me. I giggled a little and then hugged her. She stepped back so my pa could say his goodbyes. "Please look after yourself and your sister. I don't want your mother worrying." My pa whispered to Archie, but I could still hear. He turned to me. "Behave yourself pumpkin. Have a great time." And he hugged me. Me and Archie turned round and got on the train. We turned around one last time and waved. We could hear them shouting something along the lines of "we love you" and "don't forget to write!" as we walked onto the train.

I suddenly though about everything. What if I didn't make any friends? What if I got bullied? Archie placed a hand on my shoulder, as if sensing my fear. It was a little reassuring.

We got into a compartment and sat down. "You'll be fine Lils. I'm always here for you." Archie spoke once we were in a private compartment. "Thanks Arch" I replied. We had simple nicknames for eachother. Yes, they were originally, but we didn't care. I looked out the window. It felt so weird.

I had fell asleep until a blonde boy opened the compartment door. "Who are you?" He pretty much sneered. Who on Earth did he think he was talking to? "Lily. Lily Eastell." I replied. It didn't sound like a nice reply but I didn't care. "As in Archie Eastell? He has a sister?" He replied. I nodded. The boy laughed. "Your a very bad liar" he added. Archie stood up and walked to the compartment door. "She's not. She's actually a great liar I'll have you know." Archie said. The boy gasped in confusion. And probably in fear. "Now tell me, what year are you in?" Archie added. The boy looked like he was shaking. So my brother really was feared by people! "3rd year." He eventually stuttered. Archie turned to me. "Sorry Lils, you have this kid in your year." I laughed. Archie could sometimes talk about people and act like they weren't even there, and get away with it. "She's not in my year. I've never seen her before." The boy said. Archie sat back down. "She's new. Duh. Definitely a lot smarter than you. I mean it didn't come across your mind to think, oh maybe she's new." Archie said. I'm pretty sure we were close to Hogwarts so I stopped their pety conversation.

"He's not wrong. But anyways, we're almost at Hogwarts so I suggest you run along back to your own compartment. I have places to be." I said and made him walk out. He seemed very confused and scared. I sat back down and moved my robes around me. I had already gotten changed into them so now we just had to wait. "There's no doubt you'll be in Gryffindor Lils." Archie said. I smiled and nodded. Even if I didn't become Gryffindor, there was one house I didn't want to be in. And that was 100% Slytherin. "Who was that? That came into our compartment." I asked Archie. He shrugged. Welp I didn't really care. I had more important things to worry about.

I got off the train and into a carriage with Archie. Alot of people were staring at first, and lots of whispering but after a while it stopped. I quickly got off the carriage and into the school. It was beautiful! I had been instructed to go to Dumbledores office. I don't know if he was expecting me or not. Has my parent wrote to him finally saying that they agreed? I ran up to his office and saw a teacher with green robes on. She smiled at me. "I think your going the wrong way dearie" she said. "The Great hall is that way," and she pointed to the opposite direction. I couldn't imagine what was going through her head. Probably something like 'shes tall for a first year.' I sighed. This obviously wasn't Dumbledore.

"If you please, I'm looking for Dumbledore. I'm Lily. Lily Eastell. I need to get sorted into my house. I'm in 3rd year." I said. She tilted her head and then clicked her fingers. "Right! Ever so sorry dear, go straight through." She said. She mumbled the words 'lemon drop' trying to make me not hear, but I still did. She smiled at me and signalled me to go up. I'm not going to lie. I was very scared walking up the steps. What if I got Slytherin? Would Archie be ok with me? Would he act different around me? I got to the top and sighed before knocking. When I tell you I was petrified of doing this, I mean I was shaking. Archie had it worse. He had to have his announced Infront of everyone. That was the tradition in Hogwarts, but because I was new, Dumbledore said I could do it privately.

"Come in!" A old voice shouted. It must have been Dumbledores. I walked in and he smiled. "Miss Eastell! I'm so glad you decided to attend this year." He said. It wasn't in a sarcastic way. If any other person had said it, it would sound very sarcastic. "Well you know what my mother is like! I'm so glad I'm here." I replied. He seemed very kind. "Right! Let's get this done with!" He said. He placed a very old looking hat on my head. It was the sorting hat. Archie had told me about this. I was prepared for it to talk.

"Ooo! This one is very hard for me to tell! Can be very sassy and get her own way. Very smart, but not Ravenclaw. Maybe not a Hufflepuff either. Very courageous and brave, but also sassy and knows how to get her own way. Some traits of everything! Hmm, I see you don't want to be a Slytherin. So in that case...

GRYFFINDOR!"

The hat spoke. Yay! I couldn't wait to tell Archie! He would be so happy. The lady who was at the bottom of the stairs came into the room and smiled. "I knew she was going to be a Gryffindor Albus." She spoke. Dumbledore smiled and nodded in agreement. "I think it's time we go down now Minerva." Dumbledore replied. I got up and walked Infront of them.

I entered at a different entrance that nobody would see me slip through. I didn't want to cause attention already! Archie seemed to see me and smiled. He waved for me to come sit next to him. A few people looked at me whilst I walked to the Gryffindor table. I sat next to Archie and he smiled again. "You did get into Gryffindor right?" He whispered. I smiled and nodded. He half hugged me. A few people were staring and whispering but I didn't care. I only cared that I got into Gryffindor. I only cared that I was in the house as Archie.

-----------------------------

1552 words

YOU ARE ALL WORTH IT DON'T LET ANYONE TELL YOU OTHERWISE!