4. Please be ok!

I ran over to his bed and panicked. "Archie." I whispered. I was expecting him to open his eyes but nothing happened. "Archie please." I whispered again. Hermione looked at me with sorrow.

"Don't worry dearie, he's not dead.'' Madam Pomfrey came over. I didn't turn my attention to her though. I stared at Archie and held onto his hand. I don't know how long I was there for, but soon enough Hermione came back into the room.

"Lily, you should come to dinner." She spoke softly. I shook my head. "I still don't know what happened to him. I have to stay here." I replied. She sighed and sat down next to me. "Lily you need to eat. Archie will be fine. I'll tell you what happened, but you have to promise to go to some lessons and meals. Please Lily." She pleaded. I nodded and reluctantly got up. I left the Hospital wing and walked to the Great hall with Hermione.  

As we entered, a few people stared, but me and Herms just ignored them. I sat down and fiddled with some food. "Hermione please tell me what happened to my brother." I pleaded her. She sighed. "You haven't heard? Archie fell over 100 feet to the ground whilst playing Quidditch." Ron explained. Hermione glared at him. "Well done idiot, I reckon if you'd had added any sympathy you would've ruined it." Hermione said with every bit of sarcasm. Ron mumbled sorry. "But what still doesn't make sense is, he just fell out of no where." Harry added.

"Did someone spell him?" I asked. Harry's eyes widened as he looked at me. "That's it Lily! Someone must have spelled him so people would think he failed. But who? Nobody would dare challenge Archie." He added. I sighed. I ate some food while thinking about it. Who could've hated Archie so much to make him fall off his broom. Nobody from Gryffindor. Everyone in Gryffindor is friends with him. Hufflepuffs are too kind. RavenClaw's would've been studying. That left Slytherins.

I looked over at the Slytherin table to see Malfoy staring directly at me. I didn't look away. I practically challenged him even though he was on the other side of the room. I held the stare for a bit longer before he looked away. Ha! Defeated! I got up and walked back to the Hospital Wing. I stayed talking to Archie before I sighed and got up. I should probably get some sleep.

***

Archie hadn't woke up. It had been weeks. Madam Pomfrey told me that he was in "a coma?" Whatever that is. I stayed by him most of my day, and didn't pay attention in many classes. As soon as a class would finish and I had a free lesson or I wasn't needed at another lesson, I would run to the Hospital Wing just to see if he had woken up. Hermione was always worrying for me. Infact, everyone was. Even some Slytherins. I know right! When I didn't show up to class, the teachers would send someone to give me the work and homework. But that wasn't very often. I tried to show up to as many classes as possible. All of the teachers were understanding. Even Snape! I reckon his greasy mop hair talked him into it. If you could even call it hair.

"Lily dear, you should really go to sleep. And get some food. It's not very healthy for you to be here all day and skip meals and sleep." Madam Pomfrey softly said. She was right. I nodded and silently walked out. It was quite late so nobody was out. I couldn't go back to the Gryffindor Common Room. It would just want to make me go back to Archie. I turned around, wanting to run back to Archie. I differed, before deciding to not do it. Madam Pomfrey was right. I ran away from the Hospital Wing and up to the Astronomy Tower. I sat at the top, crying. Why Archie?

"What did Archie do to deserve that? He's now in a coma because some idiot. Some stupid idiot who hated him. How could anyone do that? Are they a heartless person who was dropped on their head as a child? I mean seriously. Did Umbridge find them before they grew up?" I spoke to myself. I heard someone laugh. I looked around, but couldn't see anyone. I was probably hearing things. Or going crazy. I walked to the edge of the tower.

TW📯

"Archie please come back. I can't do this without you. How am I supposed to manage without you? Shit I can't even sleep without worrying about you for an hour." I whispered into the emptiness of the air. I moved one of my feet into the air, off the edge. I heard someone scream, and then everything went black.

------------------------

819 words 💛