9. Oh mother

"Oh mother," Lily whispered into the air. "I miss you so. I he fathers ok." She cried. Silently. Tears dropped. Everything was silent. She could faintly hear the music from the ball in the hall. She sat down on a white bench with a ton of flowers around her. She felt someone sit down next to her.

Blaise's POV

I looked around for Lily. I couldn't find her anywhere. I went over to Archie. "Have you seen Lily?" I asked him. He shook his head. I walked around a bit more before glancing at Draco. Pansy was right next to him, but he was still looking around. He was also looking for Lily. His eyes shifted to the door. The balcony! She said she needed air. He was about to leave Pansy to go out there, when he got stopped by Pansy. I could hear her whining. I laughed a little and then headed out to the balcony. I turned around and saw Draco staring at me dead in the eye, as if telling me to not go out there. I smirked and went out anyway.

I saw her sitting on a bench. She was crying, looking out at the view. I went and sat next to her, draping my arm around her. She looked at me and smiled through her tears.

"What's wrong Lily?" I asked her. She wiped her eyes and sighed. "I'm not sure if Archie will like me telling this to you, but..." She started. We heard a door open and our heads shot towards the noise. Nobody was there. "... My mother died" she sobbed. She cried into my shoulder for a while until she had calmed down. As soon as that happened, I took the opportunity.

"Pansy said it was all a mistake, and she wants to get back with me Lily." I said. She looked up at me and smiled. "That's great Blaise. You should go find her." She said. I thanked her and got up to find Pansy.

Lily's POV

It worked! Blaise had finally got back with Pansy. I stared at the stars when I heard someone or something moving. I turned around and saw something green. It was on the floor. I ran to it. It was a tie. I looked up and around the area. I grabbed the tie and turned round a corner. I saw Malfoy.

"Should've known. What are you doing out here?" I asked him. His mouth was in a thin line, but his eyes held fear. "Nothing." He stuttered. I smiled.

"Sorry, I should've been more precised. What are you doing out here, staring at me whilst you wish you were my date to the ball, but you couldn't be because I caught you with Pansy and then Blaise got angry so we went together so that you and your little side bitch could go together, but then you got jealous of Blaise because you like me, but don't have the balls to tell me?" I said. His mouth dropped open. I smirked.

"Pfft. What? I don't know what your on about." He stuttered, trying to convince me. This just made my smirk grow wider. "Stutter, stutter, stutter!" I exclaim. "Oh please Eastell, I don't like you." He sneered. I pushed the tie to his chest. "Hmm, well apparently someone says otherwise." I said as I pointed out his little problem downstairs. He looked down and his eyes dropped open. I walked back into the ball and laughed.

He was in love with me, wasn't it obvious?

------------------------

594 words 💛