2. Friends?

After a lot of first years getting sorted into their houses, there was a massive feast. Archie had told me about this huge feast, and I thought it was like a Christmas dinner but for every student. But then I realized it was huge! Archie saw my face and laughed. I glared at him but then laughed. The boy next to me was looking at me, but was very quiet. Everyone else was speaking to someone. Archie was talking with a few of his friends, introducing me. A lot of them said "it's nice to finally meet you." Which meant that Archie had talked about me a lot. He wrote to me more than he wrote to our parents. I guess it was like a sibling thing. We always felt very close and rarely argued, which was very irregular for siblings. I turned to the boy next to me.

"Why aren't you talking with anyone?" I asked him. He glanced up at me. He looked around to make sure I was talking to him. "I don't have anyone to talk to." He mumbled. I smiled. "You can talk to me. I haven't got anyone to talk to at the moment either. I guess we already have a lot in common." I said. He slightly laughed. I'm glad to see he was at least smiling now. "I'm Neville. Neville Longbottom." He said. I smiled "I'm Lily. Lily Eastell." I replied. He laughed a little. "I know. Why are you at Hogwarts 3 years late?" He asked me. I told him about my story and he told me about his. He seemed really kind. I don't know how anyone could want to bully Neville!

When I finished eating, Archie was waiting for me outside the Great hall. I was very grateful for this as I didn't know where anything was. I took a sigh of relief. "I'm so glad you waited for me, I don't know where anything is!" I said whilst walking with Archie. He chuckled and turned around a corner. "Well I hope your remembering all of this as I'm only touring you for so long before I decide to send you in a box back to ma and pa." He replied. By the time we got to the Gryffindor Common Room, we were both laughing so much we struggled to walk.

I sat down on one of the sofas and sighed. Archie sat down as well and talked to a few of his friends. A ginger boy ran in and hid behind a curtain. I glanced at him and he put his finger to his lips and mouthing 'shhh'. I was very confused but let it slide. A couple of seconds later, A girl burst into the room and my eyes shot up to her. "WHERE ON EARTH ARE YOU RONALD WEASLEY!" she yelled. Her eyes scanned the room and her eyes linked to mine. "Your Lily right?" She asked me. I nodded, confused. Who was she? And Who on Earth was Ronald Weasley and what had he done for her to be shouting his name? "I'm Hermione Granger. I'm in your year," She spoke. Question 1 answered! "I'm looking for Ron. Have you seen him? Oh you might not know who Ron is. Ginger hair, tall, probably running from me." She said. Right! Question 2 semi answered. I giggled and pointed towards the curtain. She smiled and pulled the curtain open. He looked pure shocked and scared. I burst out laughing.

"Dang it! Ok I'm sorry, I didn't mean to!" He said. You could see anger going through her but she just sat on the sofa next to me. "As I said, I'm Hermione." She spoke about herself and asked about me. We seemed very similar and I guess you could say we became friends. Ron had sat down with us as well. They told me about someone named 'Harry' and how he should be here soon. Archie had also told me about him. Apparently he was the chosen one? I'm not sure. On cue, Harry came into the room. He noticed me and smiled. We all talked for a bit longer but then went up to the rooms. I shared a room with Hermione. At least I wasn't with some random stranger!

"So who have you talked to so far?" She asked me. I sighed and sat down on my bed. "Well I've talked to you, Ron and Harry. A boy named Neville. Archie obviously. Dumbledore. Someone named Minerva? That might be her first name. And..." I paused. I tried to think back to the train journey. What was that annoyingly arrogant boy named? Hermione tilted her head, with a questioning look on her face. "I can't remember his name!" I said. She laughed. "What did he look like?" She asked me. I could just about remember. "Blonde hair, he's really arrogant..." I started but before I could say anymore, she interrupted me. "Malfoy." She said. I nodded, remembering it now. She sighed. She had a long rant about how arrogant he was and bla bla bla.