XII

Busy chatter littered the library, with O.W.L. exams approaching many of the fifth years found themselves stuck in the library until curfew time. E/c orbs wandered around, attempting to find a vacant and secluded area.

"Psst, psst." Her attention was directed on Adrian, his head poked out from behind the third isle, hand waving the girl over.

"Hi, Pucey." She smiled, watching as he moved his books from the vacant seat besides him.

"It's crazy in here." Adrian stated, watching as she nodded her head, pulling her books open. "I was saving these seats for Montague and Marcus, but they have yet to join me."

"Oh, I saw them." The girl hummed, "They were in the Great Hall."

The boy huffed, slumping deeper in his chair. "Refusing to study, I see." He shook his head, pulling his Charms book open.

After half an hour of silent studying between the two, Penelope dropped her books heavily, causing them to jump at her action. "Hello, yikes. Did I scare you?" She smirked, reaching over and pinching Y/n's cheek.

"Stop, Penny." The h/c girl whined, pushing her friends pale hand away from her face with a small pout. "I thought you got stuck tutoring second years."

"I did." She smiled, kicking Adrian out of his chair and taking his. "But, I ended early. I need to focus on my studies too." She watched as Adrain wordlessly dropped into the seat across from them.

. . . ✿ . . .

"Guys, it's nearly dinner time." Penelope informed the pair, shutting her Potions book and pushing her chair to stand. "We should get going."

The girl besides her hummed, tripping over her feet as she stood up with her nose in a book. She continued to mumble to herself, attempting to remember the important dates from A History of Magic. Trailing behind the Slytherin Prefects, her attention was no longer on her book.

A red haired Gryffindor had bumped into her, stumbling backwards with wide innocent orbs. His mouth hung open, staring up at the girl in fear. "S-sorry." The boy rushed out, staying in his place as if her gaze had him frozen.

"It's alright." She implied softly, watching as the boy furrowed his brows. He quickly walked away from her, joining his friends at the Gryffindor table.

She simply shrugged, dropping besides Penelope with a soft sigh. "How many O.W.L.'s will you be taking?" Adrian asked her, sitting in the seat to her left. "Penelope and I will be taking seven." He informed the girl.

"I know, Penny told me." She smiled at the boy, turning to reach the roasted vegetables. "I'm taking four."

The boy hummed, swallowing his food. "So is Marcus."

"What about me?" The said male asked, dropping in the empty seat in front of them. Montague had trailed behind him, a smirk on his face as he began to pester Penelope.

"You're taking four O.W.L.'s?" The girl asked him.

"Yeah. I'm not that much of an idiot." He scoffed, glaring at the boy besides her.

"Just an arse." Adrian mumbled, but the girl besides him had heard. She began to choke out of thin air, giggling at his response causing her to earn odd looks.