XVIII

"Another goal for Slytherin." Lee Jordan announced, leaving the Gryffindors 30-90. The matron rolled her eyes, silently rooting for the red and gold team. The girl besides her stifled a laugh at her action, finding amusement in the older witch's frustration.

"Watch yourself Harry." The h/c girl heard the Gryffindor captain shout, eyes widening when a loud crack was heard. The tip of his broomstick had been knocked off by a flying rogue bludger, sending the brunet into the ground.

Madame Pomfrey tapped Y/n's arm signaling towards the bottom of the Gryffindor stands. The girl rolled her e/c orbs when she noticed it was Colin with his camera, the boy letting out a gasp before ducking when the bludger nearly hit him. "Someone needs to get him off the field." The old witch muttered.

Suddenly from beneath the stands Malfoy came stumbling out, along with his broom. The two aids let out a sharp wince as they watched him fall on the ground, soon watching as Harry chased after the golden snitch. The bludger came close to his arm, way too close, causing it to hit the boys arm with a loud smack. Nonetheless, he continued to go after the golden snitch, suddenly losing his balance and landing on the rough sand below the goal posts.

"Harry Potter has caught the snitch! Gryffindor wins!" Jordan announced, earning cheers from the red and gold stands.

The girl quickly chased after Pomfrey, watching as the matron made her way towards Potter. "Not to worry, Harry. I will fix that arm of yours straight away." The girl heard Lockhart say, a chuckle escaping her lips when Harry refused the offer.

"He doesn't know what he's saying, now this won't hurt at all." Pomfrey was trying to walk faster as an attempt to keep Lockhart from hurting the boy further. But the woman was late, the prideful professor had already spoken an incorrect spell. He held up the boy's arm, watching as it hung loosely with no bones and earning gags from the students around.

"Yes, well, that can happen sometimes." Lockhart assured himself, watching as the school matron arrived with an angry look. "But the point is you can no longer feel any pain and it is very clearly the bones are not broken."

"Broken? There's no bones left." Hagrid exclaimed.

"Enough." Pomfrey stated firmly, dropping besides Lockhart and shoving him to the side, allowing her volunteer to take his place. Harry watched as the older witch muttered under her breath, a smile forming when she damned the blond professor.

. . . ✿ . . .

Sitting in the dimly lit common room, Marcus' left foot bounced with irritation. His ebony eyes glanced at the grand clock, rolling his eyes when he realized dinner would begin soon. He watched as the girl finally walked in, shoulders slumped and a frown etched on her fair features.

She lazily walked further into the room, eyes slowly going around the room before settling on the boy who was already watching her. She suddenly sent him a toothy grin, eyes lightning up as she did.

"Where were you?" Marcus grunted, watching as she dropped onto the love seat besides him.

"Hospital wing." She stated softly. "A lot of injured players, crazy bludger," she trailed off.

He turned to her, watching as she was slowly falling asleep. "No, stay awake." He shook her shoulder, earning a soft whine from her pink lips. "We're going to get dinner." He announced, standing up and offering his hand towards her.

She lazily slipped her small hand into his, allowing him to pull her upwards. A small smile formed on her lips as he led her towards the Great Hall, "Were you waiting for me this whole time?"

A scoff left his lips as he watched her trip over her own feet. "No, what makes you think that?"

The girl shrugged, gaining balance and bumping her shoulder with his. "I don't know, maybe it was the fact that you were the only person in the common room. But then again it could just be a coincidence." She grinned, taking a seat besides Pansy.

He huffed as he took the seat on her other side. "Maybe I was waiting for you." He whispered.

"Marcus," She gasped. "You're going soft." She let out a squeal when his elbow softly hit her ribs, a pout replacing her grin as he did.

. . . ✿ . . .

"If you could choose any muggle activity, which would you choose?" Y/n asked, fork stabbing her chocolate cake. Madame Rosmerta came towards the two, warm butterbeers in hand.

"Do you remember that thing we read about?" Penelope asked, watching as Y/n shook her head. "Ugh, the thing from muggle studies. What was it called?" She muttered to herself, suddenly snapping her fingers with excitement. "A movie theatre, yes, a movie theatre."

"Isn't that the one with the super long moving picture?" Y/n asked, bringing her glass closer to her lips.

"Yes, sort of." Penelope suddenly slumped her shoulders, causing Y/n to frown. "Why are we raised to hate muggles? It bugs me how awful people talk about them." She whispered slowly. "Pansy has a foul mouth when it comes to them, ticks me off."

"Think about it, Penn." Y/n began, pushing half of her cake towards her. "We don't have to keep those traditions alive. I won't let my children think the way others do about muggles."

Penelope revealed a small smile, nodding her head as she dug into the pastry. "Yeah, you're right."

Montague suddenly rushed up to the pair, a wide smile on his face as he shook a bag full of sweets in their faces. "I am loaded." He declared, shoving Penelope further into the booth.

"I have a strong feeling those aren't yours." Y/n stated, amusement laced in her voice.

"There not." Montague confirmed, popping a bean into his mouth before gaging. "Vomit." He informed the pair, reaching for a napkin eagerly.

Penelope quickly snatched the napkin away, causing him to let out a groan. "Who's candy that?" She pointed towards the bag of treats.

"Marcus'." He stated, reaching over and quickly taking the napkin from her hold.

"Of course it is." The girl in front of them rolled her eyes. "Why do you always take his things?"

A hand suddenly reached over the table, taking a hold of the sweets. "You really need to stop taking my things." Marcus huffed, taking the vacant seat besides the h/c girl.

"Well, I haven't taken your girl, have I?" Montague sassed, eyeing the pair silently. A sharp wince left his lips as the two kicked each one of his shins. He glared at the two, suddenly letting a small laugh as he noticed the two blush bright red.