XVII

Colin Creevey rushed into the Great Hall, holding his camera up and snapping images of students stuffing their faces with treats. He giggled moving closer towards the Slytherin table, but stoped when his bright orbs locked onto Flint's. He quickly turned away, having remembered the older male wanted him to get rid of the picture he had taken on his first trip to Hogwarts.

Marcus rolled his eyes at the retrieving boy, turning his attention towards the girl besides him. Watching with an amused smile as she watched Crabbe and Goyle stuff their plates with candy.

After the Hogsmeade visit the pair remained close, though they did not want to rush things since their arrangement was already doing that. They came into terms with each other that they would begin how anyone else would, through friendship. Flint and Rosier were seen together more than often, though many of the students wondered if it was by pure choice or the pressure of being arranged with one another. They ignored the rumors and others opinions, they knew what it was and they could care less about what others think.

Penelope had raised a brow when she had caught the pair in the library one night, books thrown open but they were too engrossed in their conversation to see her smile softly at the sight. She had confronted Y/n about it, teasing her when she blushed brightly as she brushed it off as if it were nothing. But it wasn't just nothing, it was the beginning of something and she has yet to find out.

Penelope sat besides the two boys, nose scrunching as she watched them fight over the last chocolate cake. "Will you two quit it, another will appear." She snapped after having her pumpkin juice spilled over her meal, courtesy of the boys. Penelope pouted, watching as Y/n refilled her plate with a soft smile.

"How come when I asked you to fill up my plate you refused?" Malfoy's voice asked, a look of disgust etched on his face.

"First of all, you didn't ask her, you simply told her to do it. And the potatoes were right in front of you, you could have easily done it yourself." Marcus stated bluntly, rolling his eyes at the blond. He watched with a satisfied smirk as the boy fell silent, slumping his shoulders as he did.

. . . ✿ . . .

Adrian bounced in his step as he told his friends about his night patrols with Penelope. The brunette quickly tugged his arm before he had the chance to stumble into Slytherin's prestige blond. The pair made their way forward wondering why they had stopped in the middle of the hallway.

"What's going on?" Marcus asked the girl besides him, watching as she shrugged her shoulders. He then took her arm and pushed through the crowd, standing besides Adrian who wore a terrified look. He then heard Y/n gasp, shaking her arm from his hold as she pointed towards something.

He scrunched his nose as he watched Mrs. Norris' stiff body hung, his eyes skimming through the words that were written in blood.

"Enemies of the Heir... beware." Draco read aloud, glaring towards the golden trio. "You'll be next mudbloods." He spat.

"What's going on here? Go on, make way, make way." Filch's voice boomed, pushing through the crowd of students. "Potter, what are you-" Filch stopped mid sentence, his eyes shifting towards his familiar that remained unmoving. "M-Mrs. Norris." His voice trembled, "You've murdered my cat."

Y/n glanced towards Draco and his friends, watching as they shared amused glances. She rolled her eyes, her eyes then watched as Mrs. Norris' body swung slightly. "I think I'm going to be sick." She muttered, turning in her heels and making her way to the Slytherin common room.

She quickly brushed past the Professors. McGonogall flattered in her steps, watching the girl cover her mouth. She wanted to approach the girl but Flint had beat her to it, the boy chased after her quickly. Her bright eyes watched as the pair disappeared once they turned into a hallway, shaking her head she quickly joined the rest of the Professors.

"Oi." Marcus called out, joggin up towards the h/c girl. "You alright?"

She nodded her head softly, letting out a small laugh at her action. "Sorry, I just don't deal greatly with death." She leaned her head back on the wall, her bright eyes watching as the students were lead back to their common rooms.

"Well, I don't think you need to worry." Marcus admitted, his eyes silently watching her. "Mrs. Norris was petrified, not killed." He watched as she frowned, pushing her body off the wall.

"That's still wrong. Why would anyone want to do such a thing?" She spoke softly, tugging his robe sleeve to get him walking. The boy shrugged his shoulders, allowing her to lead him towards the common room.

"I don't know, but I do know I'm not letting Ares roam about the castle." The pair walked into the dimly lit room, taking a seat in the far corner. The girl nodded her head at his statement, her eyes watching as Millicent Bulstrode cradled her cat in her arms. Marcus let out a soft hum as Ares suddenly appeared, letting himself fall comfortably on the girls lap.

She smiled softly as Ares purred at her. "Yeah, keep him away from any danger." The girl mumbled, watching as Marcus began to pet his own familiar.

Penelope approached the two, dropping in the vacant chair besides them with a loud sigh. "Where did you go?" She asked the girl, watching as the two turned to her with confused looks. "Oh, that's right. Marcus, something you should know is Y/n/n doesn't like death." She smirked when the girl let out a small whine, "Broken bones and blood is good, death is bad."

"Penny." Y/n pouted, pulling Ares closer.

Marcus rolled his eyes at the loud brunette, "I figured that one out earlier, thanks."

Penelope let out a small hum of amusement, standing up and leaving the pair alone. Y/n watched as she made her way up the dormitories before she turned and winked at her, her green eyes motioning between her and the boy besides her. She rolled her eyes at her friend's gesture, her attention falling on the cat that had jumped off her lap and onto Marcus'.