XXV

The streets of Diagon Alley stood busy during the summer time, people filling up the local ice cream shop as a means to keep cool. Endora walked rapidly, passing people left and right as she guided the pair towards a secluded Bakery.

The woman had informed Y/n and Marcus that with the wedding quickly approaching they would have to pick a cake soon. Thus leading her to take them to Marie's Bakery, an old friend who had also done her own wedding cake.

The bell on the door handle announced their arrival, causing an older witch to jump from behind the counter. Her wrinkles creased even more as she smiled at the woman, "Long time no see."

Endora was engulfed into a tight hug by the older witch, "Yes, it has, Marie."

"And this must be the lucky couple." Marie moved Endora aside, looking the pair up and down with a small smile. "Young, yes, very young. Nonetheless I have great cakes, and you will love them."

Endora followed the witch towards a table, allowing Marcus and Y/n to sit besides each other as Marie bought out the first slice. "Vanilla cake, with strawberry cream filling." The woman smiled, handing them the slice.

Marcus looked at the cake, quickly glancing towards Y/n to see her reaction. The girl looked over at him, motioning him to pick his fork up and dig in. He heard her let out a hum, causing him to smile and take the first bite.

Marie stood besides them, eyes lighting up when the boy went for another forkful of the cake. "Good, yes? Well, that's just the first." She went back into the kitchen, bringing back another cake for them to try.

"I don't know about strawberries." Y/n whispered towards him, "It's good, I won't deny it. Maybe another fruit, you know?"

"I agree," He whispered back, locking eyes with Endora who appeared to be listening to their conversation. "Ma'am, what do you think?"

"Oh, no." She shook her head softly. "I have no say in this, it is completely up to you. I'm just here for the extra slices." She admitted, earning a chuckle from the pair.

"Here I have chocolate with chocolate buttercream." Marie announced, placing the plate in front of the pair.

Marcus took the first bite, nodding his head towards Y/n to get her to try. "Sweet, but very good." He stated, causing a smile to come from Marie. Y/n nodded her head at his words, forks clashing with each other as they went in for the next bite.

"You know, I think I have just the cake for you." Marie muttered, pointing a finger at nothing before walking away.

Y/n turned towards Marcus, a small giggle leaving her lips as she stared at him. "What?" He asked, furrowing his brows at her.

"You have buttercream all over your bottom lip." She informed him, taking her napkin and whipping his face clean. Marcus smiled down at her when she whispered a small 'there'. The pair oblivious as to the loving look Endora sent their way.

"Thanks." He whispered, eyes shifting down towards her lips. He subconsciously licked his lips, nervously clearing this throat when Marie placed the next slice onto the table.

"This one's not too popular, but I think you will like it very much." She smiled, gesturing towards the cake. "Chocolate with raspberry mousse."

Y/n dug in, a loud hum coming from her, earning a chuckle from Marie and her mother. Blushing she placed the fork down, glancing towards Marcus who sat besides her too busy digging into the cake. She complemented the fluffy and moist cake, watching as Marie let out a sigh of relief.

"I agree," Marcus nodded his head, turning towards the girl. "I think I liked this one the most." He whispered.

A soft smile grew on her face, turning towards Marie as she spoke. "I think we've found our cake."

. . . ✿ . . .

Marcus walked into the dark bedroom, flicking the light on quickly. He found the bed empty, furrowing his brows as he soon began to call out for Ares. He began to look around the Rosier home, a low whisper of his name was heard, causing him to lock eyes with a portrait. Honey pooled eyes beckoned him closer, to which Marcus obeyed.

"Marcus, correct?" Evan asked, already knowing the response before the boy even spoke. "I do believe you are soon to become my son in law." Evan hummed before Marcus could ask.

"Y-yes." Marcus felt intimidated by the man in the portrait, finding it difficult for him to hold eye contact for a long time.

Evan nodded his head, sitting back with a soft sigh. "I only ask one thing, boy. I understand you have no say in the arrangement, but I want to know that you will take care of her no matter what."

Marcus watched as Evan's eyes pleaded with him. Showing love and care for his daughter, something his father had never shown for him. "Of course."

Evan gave him a firm nod, pointing a slim finger upstairs. "I do believe your familiar is in her room." He watched as the boy walked away. "And I do hope you are true to your word." He muttered to himself.

"He is." Endora approached him from behind the shadows. "They are destined to love, I see it in their eyes." She smiled to herself.

Marcus knocked lightly on Y/n's bedroom door, allowing himself inside as he heard her speak to him. "Have you seen- never mind." He cut himself short upon seeing his own familiar lay peacefully on her bed.

Y/n smiled, calling him closer as she chuckled. "He's been in here all afternoon, I'm surprised you didn't come find him earlier."

Marcus rolled his eyes playfully, dropping his body onto her bed. "That's because I thought I left the door shut to the bedroom." He rolled onto his back, staring at the ceiling silently.

Y/n watched him, coping his position before nudging him. "Tell me your thoughts." Marcus glanced at her, propping his head on his arm and staring down at her. He wanted nothing more than to tell her how he felt, but he bit back his tongue. How did he feel? He didn't even know how to respond that himself, itching through his head for a response only to find none.

He suddenly shrugged at her, smiling softly. "Tell me yours." Y/n rolled her eyes, propping her own head on her arm as she stared him down.

"I asked first." She whined, rolling her eyes when he smirked. She leaned towards him, pecking his lips quickly as she pulled away with a blush.

"Oh, I'm what runs through your head?" He teased, watching as she hid her face into her pillow. "Well, if that's what fills your thoughts, who am I to stop them." The girl continued to hide her face, causing him to poke her side softly. "Don't worry you fill my mind as well." He admitted, smiling when she turned her head away from the pillow to look at him with a bright red blush.