chapter ten

"I JUST CAN'T LOOK, IT'S KILLING ME..."

I immediately went to Ms. Wardwell's house by myself. Harvey had drew a quick sketch of the painting and I took it to her house. I sat at a table with her as she examined the drawing. I breathed out nervously. "Yep, this definitively screams Second Coming." She spoke.

"Now, usually the Second Coming is a knight for the False God to use during the End Times. He will use them to extract the faithful from the Earth and take them to the gates of Heaven so they can have eternal life... while the damned are burned in hellfire. The Second Coming wields an extreme amount of power far greater than the Dark Lord and the False God does. Then incomes the Herald of Hell, they will open the Gates of Hell and unleash horrors to prey upon the Earth." Wardwell said. I sighed, rubbing my temples. "How do we stop the prophecy?" I asked.

"If you're manifesting powers to fulfill the prophecy depicted in this mosaic, to ensure Sabrina or possibly yourself don't bring about the End of Days, you must... divest yourself of these powers." She said. I scoffed before rolling my eyes. "That's definitely not happening." I spoke.

-

I told Ambrose and Sabrina everything that happened with Wardwell and I showed them the art. The three of us walked into his room. "Bloody hell, Mary Rose. Why do these things always happen to the pair of you?" He said, holding he drawing in his hands. I groaned. "I wish I knew, but please don't tell the Aunties." I said.

"That the apocalypse is imminent and you two might be responsible? Keep that a secret?" Ambrose said sarcastically. "The Apocalypse isn't happening, we can stop it, but I need your help." Sabrina said. I glanced at her and my eyebrows furrowed.

"You two want to create doubles of yourselves using a mandrake root?" He said. I crossed my arms. "I read about it in one of Hilda's magic recipe books. The mandrake will siphon off our darker energies. It'll grow using those energies." Sabrina spoke.

"And then you immediately kill it, thereby releasing those energies into the universe. I know how it goes." Ambrose said, sounding unamused. "Once that happens, it will impossible for us to initiate the Apocalypse." Sabrina spoke. I cleared my throat, making them look at me.

"I never agreed to taking my magic away, Sabrina. I just told you." I said, kind of sternly. Sabrina looked at me with irritation. "We will not participate in this prophecy." She said sternly.

"You don't control me, Sabrina, none of you do. And we don't even know if this prophecy is real." I said with a slight anger. "I do. I know it's real. I feel it, Mary, in my bones. Everything that's happened to us, that we've done since our Dark Baptisms, it's been leading up to something. It was for me to be the Herald of Hell and for you to be the Second Coming. I know this to be true. This is the only way." Sabrina spoke. I chuckled sarcastically.

"I am not talking about this anymore. Especially to you." I spoke before walking out of Ambrose's room. I heard someone following after me as I went towards my room. I opened the door to my room and turned around to see Ambrose walking into my room. I scowled, crossing my arms.

"What do you want?" I asked.

"You're not thinking straight about this, Mary Rose. We're talking about the Apocalypse here." He began to say. I scoffed. "You're asking me to take away the thing that makes me special!" I yelled.

Ambrose walked up to me cupping my face. "There are other qualities that make you special, trust me." He said. I yanked his hands off my face. "I don't care about those other qualities, Ambrose. I care about my powers! I'm not the same girl who cried 24 hours a day, needed male validation, worried about the well-being of a half-witch most hours out of my day and even wondered where I belonged in the world! I'm a woman now, I'm about to be 17 years old in two months! I'm more powerful than I ever was before. And I'm not going to take away my gifts over a prophecy that's probably not even real! If I take away my gifts what happens then? I wither away and die in 80 years?! Hell no! If that's what Sabrina wants to do to herself then fine. But, I am keeping my power, and if any of you try to stop me... it wouldn't look too pretty for either of you." I hissed angrily. My eyes watered as I looked at Ambrose's surprised expression.