chapter eleven

"I DONT LIKE YOU, FUCK YOU ANYWAYS..."

Mary laid on Ambrose's bed, still unconscious from the recent event. The warlock walked into his room, worried about new he just heard. So Mary is some sort of god? And according to the prophecy she'll rule over all, watching the Earth burn in hellfire when Lucifer and Sabrina enact the Apocalypse. His eyes landed on the girl on his bed.

He breathed out, rubbing his temples. He finally walked up to his bed and sat on his edge. He placed his hand on her cheek, feeling her warm skin underneath his fingertips. He tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. He suddenly felt a sense of Deja Vu. Oh, that's right.

He remembered the days after Mary tried to bring Tommy's soul back. Sabrina had went off on her and she had a mental breakdown. She had cried day in and day out. He remembered when she had finally talked to her, how Mary tried to act cold and distant but she still had a big heart.

She felt so isolated from everyone, like an outcast.

Mary stirred in her sleep before her eyes opened. Her eyes fell on Ambrose before her brows furrowed. She sat up hesitantly, feeling her head pound. Ambrose placed a hand on her shoulder. "Take you're time, you've been under a mind control spell for a couple of hours." He said. Mary groaned in pain. "Sabrina... she—." She was cut off by Ambrose.

"It was Sabrina's Mandrake. But, she's dead now, don't worry." He said. She sighed, rubbing her temple. "What'd I do?" She asked.

Ambrose chuckled, looking down at his lap. "You were kind of like an overly happy puppet with evil tendencies." He said, Mary groaned and ran her hands through her hair stressfully. Ambrose placed a hand on her knee. "You're alright now, everyone's safe." He said.

"But, I do have some bad news. There's a thing called the Nazareth's Miracles. There are miracles or doings that the Son of God did while on Earth and well there is a witch—perverted version that mocks the Nazarene's path on Earth. Like raising the dead, crossing into limbo, and restoring eyesight to the blind." Ambrose spoke, Mary softly gasped. "I've done all of those, Ambrose. What does this mean?" She said with a panic in my voice.

"Those were Sabrina's pieces in bringing about the Apocalypse but I think that you can maybe stop it." He said. Her eyebrows furrowed. "How?" She asked.

"You have to do Jesus's original miracles. Restore the holy balance." He said. She sighed. "Well, what were the miracles that he did?" She asked.

"Well, turn water into wine, walk on water, heal the sick, feed five-thousand people with just a few fishes and bread, and heal the paralytic." He said. Mary sighed, rubbing my temples. "Well, where on Earth am I going to find five-thousand people and someone with paralysis?" She asked. Ambrose chuckled before sighing.

"Or... you could ingest a cleansing potion." He said with a tilt of his head. Mary Rose raised an eyebrow. "What's that gonna do?" She asked. Ambrose hummed with a shrug of his shoulders.

"It will cleanse you of all dark magics. But, it will strip you of the title of being the Second Coming. You will just be a regular witch." He spoke. Mary sighed, rubbing her temples. It felt really nice to be more than just... regular. "I-I'll do it, fine." I said. Ambrose clapped his hands together.

"Great. Let's go to Auntie Hilda's garden." He said, getting up from the bed.

-

Lilith:

"I had been wondering the wilderness for months, if not years. When everything outside the Garden was a vast... stony wasteland. That's where he found me. This man. This... beautiful man. Angelic, really. With two wounds on his back."