Chapter 4

Thank you for getting this far!!!  luv u!!!! 

I wake up to the sun shining through the curtains and my head on a warm chest

I wake up to the sun shining through the curtains and my head on a warm chest. Gilbert's familiar warm smell of spring and vanilla fills my nostrils and I am perfectly at peace where I am. Underneath me I feel Gilbert shift uncomfortably and I look down at him to see him wide awake.

"Good morning Miss. Lee"

"Morning Mr. Blythe" we both immediately roll over and burst into laughter over our formalities. We then roll over to face each other again and stare into each others eyes for what feels like an eternity, I feel like I can see right through him and I know he feels the same. His hand suddenly moves to caress my cheek, I relish in the feeling of his rough fingers tracing patterns all over my face. He moves from my cheek to my jawline, tracing it ever so gently as if it were glass. 

"Annabelle Lee, why are you such a mystery, why won't you let me inside of your head?" He asks, I don't respond, I can tell he doesn't expect an answer. Then his thumb brushes over my lip and traces around the edges, I see him look up at my eyes and I catch his gaze. Now his eyes are darting between my eyes and my lips furiously in indiscretion. He starts to lean in... WAIT, HES LEANING IN. I cant do this, I'm not ready and I probably have morning breath. I prepare to turn away and reject Gilbert but the door crashes open with Mama standing at the door way and Bash out of breath behind her.

"I'm sorry Blythe, I tried to stop her" Gilbert gives him a simple nod to say its ok.

"ANNABELLE JUSTINE LEE!!! Thank heavens your ok! Get out of that bed now!!! You know better than to sleep in the same bed as a boy!! AND MR. BLYTHE!!! what do you take my daughter for? Some one you can take advantage of because they're hurt, or sick?!?!?!" She awaits an answer but Gilbert and I just stare at her totally shocked. I turn my head to look at Gilbert, I see the hurt in his face because I know he would never have those nasty intentions with me and the fact that Mama thinks that has both of us in doubt. 

"N-n-no mam.. I would never hurt Annabelle or take advantage of her, ever." Gilbert says with soft and concerned eyes. 

"Either way, Annabelle needs to learn her lesson not to go sleeping in a boys bed. Thank you for everything Gilbert, but we really must go now." She rushes to pull me out of the bed and as she does I turn and whisper a small "sorry" to Gilbert and he nods.

We get outside and Mama gives me a harsh slap on the cheek and a scolding, which is customary. My cheek felt a little sore but I didn't regret anything, nor did I ever plan too. Mama said I'm grounded for the next week and Gilbert's not allowed to walk with me but as you can assume, how would she know?

Sorry this was so short, I just really liked it. I'll write more tomorrow.  <3