Chapter 5

This chapter is a lot longer, sorry for the short last chapter. I'm probrably going to be starting a one shot book soon. luv u!!! thx!!!

The weekend passes slowly and I can't wait to get back to school. Mama thought she stole all of my book but I hid one under the mattress so I spent my days reading the Novel and Rereading it, it was called Romeo and Juliet. I really enjoyed it but it was quite tragic, maybe it's like those tragical romances that Anne speaks of. Last night I woke up twice to the scene of my parents screaming and my house on fire but this time, I was stuck in the house. When I woke up this morning I was exhausted. But I still woke up ready for school.

Her outfit:

The snow had started to melt and you had to be careful, it was starting to get quite warm out now, about 70 degrees Fahrenheit

The snow had started to melt and you had to be careful, it was starting to get quite warm out now, about 70 degrees Fahrenheit. I rush out of the house not trying to look suspicious. As soon as I close the front door I head straight for the spot where I meet Gilbert. Except he wasn't there, so I waited but after 15 minutes he didn't come, as I got up, Billy Andrews approached me and I saw that sinister glare that he had no good intentions with me. He yells at me to wait so I do, but as soon as he comes he starts to push me around with light shoves and starts calling me bad things.

"Why are you so annoying Annabelle, you're like a dog," Shove. "all you do is follow Gilbert everywhere. Is he your protector?" A harder shove. "But he's not here is he" he pushes me to the ground. My mind starts to swell with horrible thoughts of what could happen in the woods alone with Billy. No one lives out here and the only one who knew I'd be here would be Gilbert, so I was stuck. He starts to try to kick my stomach but I turn over so he hits my back instead. I wince. He picks me up and shoves me on the tree, I kick him in his private area and I start running to the only place I could, Gilbert's. I hear Billy behind me and I keep running. I reach Gilbert's door and Billy stays back in the woods not wanting to be caught by Gilbert. I knock on the door furiously and Bash opens the door and Hurriedly invites me in.

"Miss Annabelle what happened!!! Are you okay?!" Tears started pouring down my face and I tried to stop them. I don't cry, and I especially don't cry because of Billy Andrews. I calmed myself down and stopped crying.

"W-w-where's Gilbert?"

"He's upstairs he's not feeling very well" A surge of fear rushes through me and I run upstairs to see Gilbert pacing, and not looking sick at all.

"Gilbert?" He turns around shocked. "Oh, Annabelle" he turns and hugs me. I'm a little shocked but I relax into his arms and embrace as if it were normal and routine.

"I was so worried, I didn't know what your mother would do to you as punishment."

"Why aren't you at school? Aren't you sick?"

"No, I'm not sick and I just didn't want to go because I thought you wouldn't be there, and why aren't YOU at school? You're dressed and wait- were you crying? What's wrong?" I see the concern in his eyes.