14-Happiness

(y/n)'s POV
The bacta drained from the tank, allowing me to finally open my eyes. My wounds should be healed now, the bacta gel that Anakin had placed on me on the ship wasn't doing enough. Some of the cuts were too deep and needed more attention. So the moment I arrived back to the temple, Master Yoda had me placed in a tank. His eyes were the first pair that mine landed on when mine opened. I wonder how long I was in here and how long he'd been in here with me.

A few nurses began to help me out. They took off the oxygen mask and wrapped a towel around my cold body. I had on white bottoms and a white top, but they were drenched and so I was beginning to shiver, "Feel, how do you?" He spoke to me in a soft, worried tone as he looked up to me.

I gripped the towel around me and the nurses backed away to give me my space, "I've been better." I finally spoke with a shaky voice, "How long was I in there?"

"Seven hours you were." He responded to my question.

I tilted my head at him, "And how long have you been in here?"

"Seven hours I have." He responded again and I let out a sigh, I expected as much.

"You shouldn't have been here so long. You need rest too."

He shook his head with a sad sigh, "Scared me you did. Dead, I thought you were." He dropped his head down along with his ears. Which always tugged on my heartstrings.

I walked over to him and knelt down so I was at his eye level, he reached his claw up and moved the wet hair from my eyes with the force, "We're in a war and the longer it continues, the higher the casualties will be. You have to be prepared for the worst, promise me you'll be okay if one day I don't make it back." I know this is a hard conversation for him and it's hard for me too. But I'm not wrong, anything can happen on the field and it's not like I'm not scared, I am. But I know I'm fighting for all the right reasons.

He shook his head, "Understand the risks I do," He sighed, "But promise you that, I will not." He began to turn and walk away from me before he stopped with his back towards me, "Leave me you can not." He turned his head so he could meet my eyes again, "Leave Skywalker you can not."

My jaw dropped slightly, "I don't know what you-"

He chuckled, cutting me off, "Always known I have. Worry you should not. This secret, safe with me it is." He's known this whole time; and he's not disappointed in me? I've gone against the code and formed an attachment. But maybe it's because he understands. I've always known that he's cared for me more than he's supposed to and I him. When I look at him, I see more of a father than a Master.

I looked at him with a grateful expression, "Thank you." I finally smiled.

He nodded, "Matters to me, your happiness does." Is the last thing he said before turning away and leaving the room.

I sat there for a moment with tears starting to form in my eyes. His words meant a lot, but happy is far from where I am right now. I'm not even sure if Anakin even feels the same.

~*~•~*~

The first thing I did when I got to my room was take a hot shower. I wanted to get the bacta smell off of my body and hair. It's kind of a sickly sweet smell, a lot of people don't mind it, but I never fancied it.

I checked my body when I got out and most of the damage was healed, except for the one gash on my chest, that still held a light pink tinge. It was the deepest one, so I'm not sure if I'll ever get rid of it.

Now that I'm okay, I wanted to talk to Anakin. He said as soon as I was better, he would finally tell me everything. So I walked over to his door and knocked, I waited impatiently for him to answer and sighed with relief when it slid open, "Hey Ana-" I stopped speaking when I saw that the person in front of me was not Anakin, "Uh Hello Senator Amidala." I greeted her awkwardly, I wasn't expecting this. And why was she even here; in his room?