Rules

By submitting your manuscript (story) for consideration as a mentee of the Wattys 2021 Bootcamp, applicants must observe the following rules, and their manuscripts must meet ALL of the eligibility criteria below:

👇🏽           👇🏽           👇🏽

1) You must be at least 13 years or older.

2) Your manuscript must be complete (sorry, Wattys' rule, not ours).

3) You must intend to submit the same manuscript to the Wattys.

4) Your manuscript must contain at least 50,000 words (again, Wattys' rule 😕).

5) We will be releasing any genre restrictions once those are released by the Wattys' organizers. Last year, submissions were restricted to the following categories, so it might be the same this year:

Fanfiction, Fantasy, Historical Fiction, Horror, Paranormal, Literary Fiction, Mystery & Thriller, New Adult, Romance, Science Fiction, Young Adult.

If categories are extended by the Watty's organizers, we will also allow those additional categories for Bootcamp.

6) Your story must have been posted to Wattpad after [we don't know yet, so stay tuned for the update once word is received from the Wattys' organizers].

7) For the moment, only manuscripts written in English will be accepted. However, if we find mentors who are comfortable mentoring in another language, they will indicate this in their wish list.

8) The manuscript has to be your own.

9) Your manuscript has to be exclusive to Wattpad and has to be fully available under your profile.

10) Your manuscript must be written to the best of your ability, with spelling and grammar editing complete.

11) Only one manuscript per mentee.

12) You will only be able to submit to a maximum of three mentors, so choose wisely. I will also post the total number of applicants for each mentor daily during the submission window to offer you the opportunity to increase your chances to be picked.

13) You have to be willing to commit working on your manuscript in the time frame of June 1st to August 31. Remember, all mentors donate their time without compensation, so please treat them courteous at all times and abide by agreed deadlines. We all have lives outside of Wattpad, so value each other's time and keep communication open if you ever struggle to keep on top of your work.

14) Manuscripts cannot have won a Watty before (but it's okay if they were previously submitted).

15) Mentees agree to wait to submit their stories to the Wattys until their work with their mentor is completed. An earlier submission will only be allowed if the submission window to the Wattys is moved forward.

Stay tuned for more as the Wattys season gets underway!