Mikaela Bender -- Mentor

Meet Mikaela

Hello, loves! I'm Mikaela (MikaelaBender). I'm known on Wattpad for writing Expiration Date, and I became a Wattpad Star in 2016. I'm thrilled to be back for my second year as a mentor!

A little about me and my Wattpad and publishing background:

Expiration Date was turned into a pilot for SYFY two years ago, and it won the Collector's Edition Watty in 2016. My short story "Of Sirens and Beasts" was published in the Once Upon Now anthology with stories from nine other Wattpad writers. Last summer I was included in The One That Got Away anthology on Wattpad.

I have a Bachelor's in Editing, Writing, and Media and attended New York University's Summer Publishing Institute and the Columbia Publishing Course. While in college, I was a copy editor for Her Campus at FSU and a writing tutor at a reading-writing center. Currently, I'm an assistant at the Jennifer Lyons Literary Agency where I read queries and help edit novels.

Outside of writing and reading, I used to be a dancer, I adore cinnamon rolls (Cinnabon cinnamon roll iced coffee is the best, by the way), I watched my first k-drama last summer, and I really enjoy trying out new coffee shops. I tried a mocha last year, and it's been life changing.

WISH LIST

👇🏼

VISIT MIKAELA'S PROFILE