Blood and War

"We are going to be fine, Taehyungie." Jimin sits down beside him and wraps an arm around Tae's waist, pulling him closer to his side. Tae leans his head on Jimin's shoulder and continues observing all the people running around.

"With the size of the Royal army that's coming for us, Jimin, it is not realistically possible for everyone to be fine at the end of it all."

"There is nothing we can do but try our best, though." Jimin says soothingly. The alpha had been Tae's pillar of support and singular source of comfort for years now and a small part of Taehyung regrets not telling Jimin everything about himself.

The alpha had been a little grouchy about it but after a day had passed everything between them had gone back to normal. It's just another thing he loves about Jimin – he never hates, never holds grudges, only ever tries his best to spread love and healing. He thinks that Jimin's too innocent for this world, honestly.

Taehyung buries his nose in Jimin's neck, the cold tip brushing against the blonde alpha's scent gland, making Jimin's breath hitch, his hold around Taehyung's waist tighten.

Tae inhales the alpha's scent deep, relishing in it. A little more daring, he angles his head and his tongue darts out, swiping a wet line over the gland. He just nuzzles deeper into Jimin's neck when he feels a low, warning growl building in the alpha's throat.

Jimin stands so suddenly that Taehyung almost falls. But Jimin would never let Tae fall. He pulls the younger up, grip a little stronger than Tae is usually used to.

"Come with me..." Jimin says and though his tone is tentative, his eyes hold something that makes Taehyung's heart beat faster. It's rare for Jimin to give in to his alpha and Tae always gets excited when it happens. He loves this side of the blonde. He loves everything about Jimin, but this side of him is a little special in Taehyung's heart because it's so rare to be able to witness it.

Tae has lived in these hills for most of his life, and though Jimin hasn't spent nearly as much time here as Tae did, they both knew this place like the backs of their hands.

They stumble through the throngs of people mulling about. He knows they are on the brink of a war with a very powerful enemy, but he is also sure that he would never give up a single moment with Jimin, no matter how stupid it might all seem – chasing kisses and body warmth when one should be getting ready to fight and fend for their life and countless others'.

When they reach the small, hidden cave, far enough from the other shifters that now took up residence in Taehyung's home, Jimin is on him in the blink of an eye.

The alpha cages him against the wall, musky scent filling tae's nostrils, making his normally dormant omega scratch at the surface, demanding more, craving more, because like Taehyung, his omega also knows that it might take many more months of teasing for the alpha to crack and give in to his desires again. Taehyung knows it isn't fair to Jimin, teasing and testing the limits of the alpha's self control and patience when Jimin only has his safety and best interests in mind. But he can't help it, he loves moments like this one too much.

Jimin attacks his lips, biting and nipping and kissing hotly and Taehyung responds with fervor, relishing in the feel of hard muscle as Jimin's whole body is pressed up against his own, pushing him back into the rough stone of the cave.

His hands tangle in Jimin's sun-bleached locks, tugging him closer and closer even though there's no space between them already. Jimin disconnects their lips and tugs Tae's robes off of one shoulder, exposing smooth, beautifully tan skin. His legs tremble and feel boneless as Jimin dips his head and the alpha's teeth graze his scent gland.