Epilogue : The Original Version

As the enemy surrounds them, blocking any and all paths of escape, Seokjin thinks that maybe it was after all a bad idea to taunt the Fey King - even if done in a moment of anger.

The fey knights close in on them in a circular formation. So many of them advance and it doesn't seem to matter how many they cut down.

He hears Hoseok call out to Yoongi and follows his best friend's voice. Namjoon is with him and it makes a tiny bit of Seokjin's fear ebb – but only momentarily.

Yoongi swears on his other side and he turns back just in time to see Taehyung collapse onto his knees, the blue-haired boy's nails digging into the dirt underneath them. Tae looks pale. So weak and drained, exhausted from over-using so much magic.

The pits Taehyung had made buy them some time, hampering the knights' movements. But still, it's not enough.

And then it happens.

One moment he and Yoongi were doing okay with keeping the fey from getting too close to Taehyung but Seokjin blinks and in that single, brief moment a grey-skinned fey manages to teleport himself to right in front of the hybrid.

"Tae, look out!" Yoongi screams, voice shrill, eyes wide as he tries to push back against the fey he was preoccupied with.

"Taehyung!" Seokjin calls, praying that the youngest is aware enough to at least hear him and get out of the way. But the hybrid remains unresponsive, head lowered and breathing heavy.

Seokjin's instincts kick in. Just as it had been that morning in the cave when he had the vision about the dungeons, he doesn't remember moving his feet. One second he is beside Yoongi, yelling Taehyung's name. And in the next instant he is somehow in front of the slumped hybrid, sword at the ready.

He tries to push back, to keep the knights away, to kill as many as possible.

His efforts are hampered when one of the faerie warriors drives their sword deep into Seokjin's shoulder, making him cry out as pain shoots down every nerve of his body, the sword in his hand faltering, it's weight too heavy now due to blood loss from the gaping wound in his shoulder. He clenches his teeth, willing his mind to numb the searing sensations and then he lifts his head in time to see another fae coming at him with a metal spear swinging in an arch, aiming at his chest. Seokjin makes a split second decision and takes a step back, turning slightly sideways and wrapping his arms around Taehyung, angling his own body in such a way that makes the hybrid less vulnerable to any attacks, Seokjin's torso acting as a protective blanket of sorts.

Time seems to slow down as he trains his eyes on the sharp tip of the spear and then he can't see.

Or rather, his sight tints blue, the wolf fighting to be on the surface as another vision makes itself known.

It's blurry and fragmented, the most confusing one he's had yet. He just sees, not being able to make neither head nor tail of what is actually happening in his premonition.

He sees the throne hall back home, Mircea castle sparkling clean and refurbished, not one thing out of place that might point to the fact that the fey had attacked it not long ago, causing a massacre, making unsuspecting shifters bleed out onto the cold tiles.

It shifts and he sees himself walking down one of the castle's corridors, heavy royal robes sweeping behind him, a genuine and relaxed smile on his face. A hint of a mating mark peeps out from the embroidered and sequined collar of his robes.

The vision changes again and this time it's Namjoon, dimples showing as he gazes warmly at two small pups, a girl and a boy, running around the garden.