Alpha Voice

"Yo-you a-are real?"

A sound escapes Min Yoongi's lips. It's somewhere between a chuckle and a choked off sob. As though he were so happy he was on the edge of breaking down. "I'm real Namjoon-ah. " Yoongi blinks and Seokjin watches as another tear rolls down his pale cheek, pink with the effort to stop himself from crying. "And I'm so, so sorry for not reaching out to you sooner. For letting you believe I was gone. I'm sorry, Namjoon-ah."

From the corner of his eye, Seokjin sees Soobin walk out of the throne room with a slight nod directed at Hoseok. When the prince's gaze flits around the room and finally settles on his best friend, the alpha is already looking at him. The expression Hoseok wears is something like a mix of relief and apprehension.

With a last look towards Yoongi, Hoseok descends the few steps of the platform on which the throne stands in all its white glory and gestures for Seokjin to follow as he heads for the doors. The prince acquiesces readily – Namjoon and Yoongi clearly have some hidden history that needs closure and he doesn't want to intrude. Though he is curious, that is undeniable.

Seokjin soundlessly walks behind Hoseok, dragging an open-mouthed Jungkook by the ear who looked confused and transfixed on the spot. Naturally, Jiwoo followed after her mate and once the four of them were in the corridor outside, Hoseok softly closed the doors.

Down the corridor were another pair of smaller double doors and Soobin and Taehyun stood on the other side. Despite sensing the heavy atmosphere around the group, Taehyun seemed to have no idea as to what's happened and he looked as perplexed as Seokjin felt.

"Soobin-ah, could you take Jungkook and my sister to their rooms? I would like to have a chat with Jin here."

Soobin sends a mock salute the General's way and motions for Jungkook to follow. Jungkook's eyes slowly move to find his brother's and when Seokjin nods, the younger turns around and leaves with Jiwoo and Soobin.

"I guess that was Joonie..." Seokjin hears a voice by his ear. Hoseok sighs, gaze lingering on the now closed doors.

Seokjin recollects how Yoongi had addressed Namjoon using that endearment. It takes him a moment but he realizes that Hoseok must have heard about the dimpled alpha from Yoongi before, though without really knowing that his intended was talking about Namjoon. It does sound cheesy when he thinks it, but fate indeed has an interesting way of putting things into action.

Seokjin doesn't know or understand why Namjoon has thought of Yoongi as being dead. Or, if he is alive and well, why hasn't the elder omega bothered to contact Namjoon. Seeing the way the alpha's whole persona seemed to shatter for a moment was suggestive of Yoongi's irreplaceable position in Namjoon's life.

In that moment, Seokjin was briefly overcome with a feeling of something like protectiveness. For an instant, he didn't care if Yoongi and Namjoon were old acquaintances or friends or lovers. He knew that Namjoon was sad and hurting and he wanted to protect him from all the evils of this world.

Seokjin shakes his head to clear it of any such weird thoughts. The feeling is different, novel and it scares him a little. It scares him because he isn't so sure where the feelings were coming from – his own self or his wolf that was bonded to Namjoon's.

The prince clears his throat and shoots Hoseok a not-so-subtle stink eye. "So...would you care to finally divulge the secret life of the elusive General Jung Hoseok who shirks his imperial duties to help wayward omegas overtake kingdoms and kill rulers who are rotten to the core?"

Hoseok snorts and gestures for Seokjin to come along. They start walking down one of the corridors that lead away from the throne room, though it is in the opposite direction from where Jungkook and the others had headed.