Chapter25

"I did tell you it was a bad idea." Seulgi tells me the next day as the three of us are walking into Berry's Ice Cream shop. After Seulgi collected us, Irene said she was wanting Ice Cream before we went for the 'road trip', as she called it.

"That you did." I agree, pushing the door open and walking into the shop.

"Maybe everyone should accept I know best?" Seulgi asks teasingly to us both, knowing that we were likely to keep doing what we want even if she didn't think it was a good idea.

"Maybe we should," Irene starts.

"But we likely won't." I finish, both of us laughing. Seulgi merely rolls her eyes at us before ordering all of our usuals.

The shop itself wasn't very big so the moment I turned with my ice cream to follow Irene to our usual table by the window, I notice her.

Lisa and Jisoo were sitting at a table in the middle, both with empty tubs of ice cream in front of them. Neither of them seemed to have noticed me as they were both deep in conversation about something.

I turn my head away and follow Irene, with Seulgi trailing behind. We all sit down and Irene pulls a map from her bag, unfolding it so it took up most of the table.

"So where to?" She asks, running a finger along the map. I watch Seulgi and her argue over where to go for five minutes before they both settle on some coastal route.

"It takes like an hour to get to the coast, so we will definitely need to stop for supplies," I say.

"Definitely." Irene agrees, looking towards Seulgi.

"Do you two ever think of anything other than food?" She asks, making us all laugh because we all knew that the answer was no.

"Plus coffee," Irene adds before looking back to the map.

"Do you mind if I...?" Seulgi asks after a minute, using her head towards Jisoo and Lisa.

"No, of course not," I tell her smiling. She goes to get up yet Irene grabs her arm, pulling her towards her so she could whisper something in her ear. I raise my eyebrows at her when she walks towards them.

"What?" She asks innocently.

"What are you planning?" I ask, glancing towards the table. Seulgi has pulled a chair over and is sitting talking to them about something.

"Nothing." She says, yet I don't believe her. "I'm going to google what there is to do on that drive." She says, getting her phone out and bringing a list of tourist activities. She holds the phone between us, allowing me to share the screen with her as she scrolls through them.

"Look, I have heard about this. It's supposed to be really pretty." She says pointing to some castle. I tap the castle, making the screen fill with pictures. I had never heard of the castle before, yet I admit it does look nice.

"Where is it?" I ask, looking back to the map. I grab my bag from the floor, bringing a pen out and marking the costal route on the map, along with how to get there. Irene searches the map after trying to find it.

I let my eyes glance towards the other table to find Jisoo looking at me as well. However, she doesn't look annoyed, which surprises me. She instead looked curious, at what I don't know.

"It's there," Irene says, getting me to move my eyes away from Jisoo and towards the map again. I notice her pointing to a road that was close to the costal route. I take my pen and put a circle around it, so we wouldn't loose it.

"There," I say, sitting back up.

"We should probably go soon if we are to get it done." She tells me, starting to fold the map up again.