Chapter two

Amara was a kind and fair girl, but this was absolutely outrageous. A school claiming it taught magic to wizards and that she was a wizard. How... absurd... yet she dearly wished it was true.

Amara always had strange things happening around her. It had taken her four years to actually learn that some things were not normal such as bullies mysteriously turning into frogs and the school gym lighting on fire after ever long and uncomfortable assembly.

To be honest Amara had most likely been surrounded by magic for as long as she can remember but always brushed it off as the norm. When really for the muggle world it was absolutely abnormal.

So there Amara stood with the peculiar letter in hand in front of the leaky cauldron which was a bit of a ironic name because of the letter but either way she needed to return it.

Hesitantly walking over she pushed open the door. A small jingle of bells was heard above her as the door opened and closed. Looking around Amara found that the whole situation had become even more strange since the leaky cauldron was actually a bar instead of a shop like she had thought.

It's patrons laughed and spoke as she stumbled over to the counter where the bartender was whipping down the counter. Jumping up onto a stool she slid the letter forward toward the bartender. "U-um... excuse me sir?" She called hesitantly out to the man tending the bar.

He looked up at her and lifted a eyebrow before walking over. "What do you need little miss? Lost? You are a bit young for these types of places." He said looking her over, Amara huffed as her cheeks reddened before she pushed the letter towards him.

"I'm not here for alcohol and I'm not lost thank you. Could you please give this back to whoever is trying to scam me I don't appreciate being tricked as much as I do tricking." Amara said lifting her chin slightly a tiny frown graced her lips as she watched the man pick up the letter.

He opened it and it looked as if his eyes only skimmed over the first few lines before he started uncontrollably coughing. " oh! *cough* oh wow!" He said getting ahold of himself and carefully placing the letter down as if it would fall apart in his hands.

He smiled kindly at a very obviously confused Amara "you see Ms. Potter this is no scam this is very real in fact." The bar seemed to hush and start to stare at the two. Amara looked around her cheeks heating up considerably before she cleared her throat and spoke again.

"What do you mean by that sir? Of course this is a scam. Magic doesn't exist and neither does Hogwarts for that matter. I asked a professional and there was no such thing as a boarding school called Hogwarts." Amara said tilting her head in question her eyes narrowed a bit as well. Was this man seriously still trying to sell the scam even after she called him out on it? How strange.

"No little Miss, I'm not lying I swear. There really is a school called Hogwarts. But I must say it is quite strange you know nothing of the place. You are the girl who lived after all. Did Albus leave you with muggles?" The bar keep asked his brows furrowing at the last part.

"Muggles? Girl who lived? Explain." Amara said her own brows furrowing in confusion as she demanded answers from the ever confusing man. But the bartender only sighed and shook his head lightly mumbling something about how stupid this Albus person was before smiling pityingly at her.

"Well you see when you were a baby a bad man came into your house and killed your parents because he wanted to kill you. But when he tried to cast the killing curse on you it somehow backfired leaving you with a lighting scar." The man said tapping his own collar bone to signify hers. Amara's hand instinctively came to trace the scar.

"No one in the history of the wizard inn world has ever survived that curse. In the process you disintegrated that mans body but it's rumoured that his soul escaped and is now looking for a way to inhabit another body so he can try to kill you again and finish the war that never really ended." The bar keep finished looking at the girl sadly.

Amara was taken back by his explanation especially since it was coming from a grown ass adult man. Magic? No way. But... maybe? No. Amara get ahold of yourself the Dursley's would kill you if they knew you were here, in a bar for that matter!!

Amara felt defeated so she just looked up at the man her face serious as she said bluntly "Prove it." The man smiled and started walking towards the back before he turned around waving for her to follow. She narrowed her eyes grabbing the letter and stuffing it into her pocket before running after him.

Her hand was inching towards her pocket knife as they came into a back room. But to her surprise the man pulled out a... wand? And started randomly tapping the brick wall with it. Was he crazy? Maybe he actually whole heartedly believed that he could do magic?

The bar keep only seemed to surprise Amara further when the brick wall started braking apart to reveal a street filled with people in robes. And there weren't just people, there were also little men walking around that Amara only thought to be goblins. The street was filled with abnormalities and frankly Amara loved it.

She stumbled forward eyes filled to the brim with wonder. Magic! There really was Magic! Amara glanced back at the man who just waved goodbye then the brick wall was closed. How was she supposed to get back? Oh well, deal with it when it's important.

Amara started down the street as she pulled out the letter. There were names of the supplies and where to get them. Apparently Gringotts was some type of bank and if what the man who ran the bar told her was true then shouldn't her parents have left her something?

So the first stop would be Gringotts. Amara swerved around people as she made her way towards the bank. She noticed how a lot of the suspected goblins kept looking at her with wide eyes as she approached.

Amara walked into the bank looking very lost. She was looking around for someone who could maybe help her when she accidentally bumped into someone. Amara fell to the ground lightly holding her head in her hands.

Her pitch-black wavy hair curtaining her face. Amara's oversized crimson hoodie was scuffed along with her knees since her stockings had been pulled down slightly on the fall.

Amara sighed as she pushed herself up flattening her black plated skirt back down and fixing her hair, she made certain to pull the collar of her hoodie up enough so it would cover her scar that adorned her porcelain like collar bone.

She looked up to see who she bumped into and was met with two cold obsidian eyes. "Watch were your going muggle-born." The man who the eyes belonged to hissed as he strides away. Amara watched the mans back as he left, she felt slightly irritated at the mans manners.

Suddenly Amara heard a cough come from in front of her. Amara's head whipped around her curly black hair flowing with the movement. To the girls surprise a goblin or what she suspected was a goblin stood in front of her and he was... bowing?