Chapter Ten

Amara sat at down beside Blaise offering the boys seat to Neville as Blaise was busy helping out Another Slytherin. "So, what class did you enjoy most Mr. Longbottom?" She asked, Neville looked behind Amara to were Blaise was staring daggers at him before yelling and quickly sitting down.

"I umm... well I really rather enjoyed Herbology." He said blushing in embarrassment and looking down. Aww~ Just like Pansy! Amara thought chuckling quietly. "So did I. I found it interesting and very useful. Especially since it's basically teaching us about all magic plant ingredients for potions, so really the two classes fit hand in hand." Neville nodded a excited spark a light in the boys eyes. Now there's his passion! Amara thought smiling at his enthusiasm.

Suddenly a warm hand touched Amara's head lightly. Amara turned blinking to see Blaise glaring at Neville. "This is the Slytherin queen, Do not disrespect her or you'll be disrespecting all of us." He growled at Neville who hadn't done anything of the sort yet. Neville looked around the room that was now eerily quite, all the Slytherins -including Snape- strangely were glaring at him. Was it because of what Blaise had said? "O-oh. Y-y-yes! I would never ever disrespect the Slytherins or Amara!" He squeaked fearfully and the ran away on the brink of tears.

Amara turned to Blaise and gave him a look saying 'was that really needed?' Blaise shrugged. Amara laughed slightly and took his hand in hers, "thank you for protecting your queen, Sir Blaise Zabini. Even when it wasn't needed." She added in and kissed his knuckles. Blaise scoffed and thanks to his darker complexion his slight blush was hidden well. Draco frowned slightly at Amara and Blaise's antics, why didn't him and Amara do that? Their friends... right?

Amara knew there were stares even if she could not pinpoint them and so she ignored them as her and Blaise spoke about anything and everything. At the end of class Blaise offered her his arm and Amara gladly took his offer and linked arms with him while she spoke to Draco about her excitement for how they got to learn Defence against the Dark Arts tomorrow.

At dinner Amara had waved to Neville who was sitting with Aviva who smiled kindly at Amara. Blaise still glared at Neville who yelped and caved in on himself. Amara sighed and elbowed Blaise in the side to get him to stop.

"So, I was thinking about what the headmaster said yesterday." Pansy began taking a sip of water, "and I think he's trying to lure someone into the west wing." Amara turned her attention towards the black haired girl, her interest perked. "Oh?" Draco said and Pansy nodded. "I mean why would he tell us to stay away from the hallway? If he actually wanted us not to go he would have just stationed a professor near the hallway instead of announcing it to a bunch of kids who are curious enough to most likely investigate." Draco looked deep in thought while Blaise looked troubled.

And then it dawned on Amara, "the stone!" Amara breathed out eyes widening, the three Slytherins turned to her curiosity clear in their eyes. "When I was at Gringotts I happened to be talking to the goblin who ran the bank and I- umm," Amara stopped for a second not wanting to reveal that Griphook explicitly told her everything that went on in the bank.

"Uh, I overheard him speaking to another employee about someone breaking into a vault that had been emptied a couple days before. Draco's eyes widened, "I read about that in the paper!" He said looking over at Amara with wide eyes, "Father said that Dumbledore was involved!" He whispered and Pansy's eyes widened.

Amara cursed under her breath and disregarded the incredulous look that Blaise gave her in return. "Ok. We're going to have to go get the stone." She announced quietly realizing that other people were sure to get hurt if they went looking for it. Blaise immediately shot back, "Nope." Amara, Pansy, and Draco all gave him a look.