Chapter Seven

"She who controls the lions controls the snakes."
—Amara Potter

—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

Amara walked through the train cars checking each cabin for Draco. She finally found him in the back of the train, a girl with a bob styled hair cut and dark chestnut eyes was sitting across from him. There was a boy beside her who was insanely good looking and had this aura as if he wasn't just a Wizard.

"Oh! Amara I couldn't find you so I figured you were busy and would talk to me later! Are you Alright? You look slightly disoriented." Draco said guiding Amara to sit down beside him. He kept checking over her worriedly like a older brother and Amara had to shoo him off her so she could catch her breath.

"I'm fine, Draco. It's just been a very... long day so far." Amara said running a hand through her hair. Nagini snickered and hissed "more like a annoyance of a day. Why must Fae be so intolerable, they think themselves above everyone else. But they were given magic they did not create it and as such the only thing different about them than us is that they have had a longer time to learn how to use magic than we have." Amara rolled her eyes but smiled none the less at Nagini's comment.

Amara looked over to see Draco smiling at her while the other two looked at her in confusion. "Oh! I'm so sorry for not introducing myself until now! My familiar can be rude at times and tends to make comments about everyone and everything. Anyways! I'm Amara Potter!"

The group of wizards eyes widened. "Your The Amara Potter!!!" the girl with a bob cut asked in amazement. Amara smiled kindly and nodded, "and you are?" She said her British accent rolling off her tongue heavily. "Oh! I'm so sorry for my rudeness! My name is Pansy Parkinson and this is Blaise Zambini! It really is a pleasure to meet you!" She said hastily shaking Amara's hand.

"Well, it's a pleasure to meet you to Ms. Parkinson, Mr. Zambini." She said nodding at the two. Pansy squealed in excitement while Blaise stared at Amara. He knows! Echoed through Amara's mind as she looked away an uneasy feeling in her stomach.

The three talked for the rest of the way, Blaise only seemed to stare at Amara with a unreadable expression. When they got to Hogwarts the first years were ushered off the train and grouped together by Hagrid.

"Now, ya' first years bet'er listen close. I ain't repeat'in myself." Hagrid said his thick Scottish accent effecting his words slightly. "We are going in the boats to ge't across the lake. Be sure to no't move around to much or ya' migh't fall ou'. And were no't comin' back fur ya'." He said leading the kids down a path towards the lake.

Amara glanced at Draco and gave him a giddy smile. He smiled back nervously and Amara took his hand to calm his nerves. "Ok, every one of ya'. Only four in a boat at a time." The group all got in a boat with Amara sitting beside Pansy and across from Draco, while Blaise sat beside Draco.

"So, What house do you two want to be in?" Blaise shrugged looking down at his nails while pansy smiled brightly. "Slytherin would be ideal but I suppose I would also be fine with Ravenclaw as a plan B. What about you Potter?" She asked tilting her head like a kitten.

Amara laughed, and the sound of jingling bells echoed off the lake beautifully. "Oh! I'm going to be in Slytherin. There's no doubt about it!" She said simply giving Draco a mischievous smirk to which the boy shook his head and sighed.

As the boats docked Pansy laughed and stood up letting Blaise help her out of the boat while Draco did the same for Amara. "You excited or nervous Dragon?" A irk mark appeared above Draco's head as he gave Amara a annoyed look. "Stop calling me that!" He hissed and Amara laughed. Nagini grumbled about how loud the boy was and then fell back asleep on Amara's shoulders.

"Sorry Dray, but you only make it better with your reactions to it!" She said smiling. Amara felt as though she couldn't stop smiling, the excitement of being at Hogwarts and getting to see Squirrel again was making her excitement grow, leaving a everlasting giddy smile on her features.

They all walked through the castle. Many of the muggle born students would gasp when they spotted the ghosts passing over head or a painting move. Amara smiled and placed her hand against the warm stone of the castle, Hogwarts magic hummed in happiness and excitement at her arrival.

Draco gave her a odd look and Amara waved him off telling him that he should mind his own business. The platinum blond gave her a look and replied with, "You are my business." Amara just laughed and pulled him along. Professor McGonagall greeted the new students in a separate room.

"Hello, and welcome to Hogwarts. I do hope you all enjoy you time at this prestigious school. I'd like to remind you that we will be having the sorting ceremony momentarily and what houses there are to pick from because of course or sorting hat takes your preference into account." She said looking down her nose at everyone.

"First we have Ravenclaw, the house of eagles. It's for people of Wit and intellect. Then there is Hufflepuff, the house of badgers. It's for people who hard workers and loyalty. After is Gryffindor, the house of lions. It's for those Brave and Courageous souls. Finally we have the house of Slytherin, the house of snakes. It's contains people of ambition and people who are cunning to no end." McGonagell finished eyeing the group with a raised eyebrow.

"You will go through this door when your name is called so you may be sorted. First off we have Ron Weasley." She said and a fiery red head bounded forward smiling pridefully. "That's me Professor!" McGonagell nodded and lead him through the door. Amara turned to Draco excitedly, she could tell the boy was nervous.

"We're going to do Amazing! Isn't that right Blaise?" Amara said turning to the said boy who was standing beside Draco minding his own business. He looked up his state piercing Amara and sending shivers down her spine, even so her smile and posture never faltered. "Yeah." Blaise said patting Draco's shoulder once in reassurance.

The Professor came back in and called for Draco who gave Amara a nervous but determined smile before walking away with McGonagell. Amara smiled at Blaise who stared at her not saying or expressing anything. She rocked back and forth on the balls of her feet as she waited. By the time her name was called she was the last person to be sorted which was definitely nerve wracking to say the least.

Amara walked out to where McGonagell was waiting. Everyone's eyes glued to her like vaulters deciding whether or not she was their prey. She sat down on the stool carefully and felt the brush of fabric again her ears as the hat was placed on her head.

"Oh! So your the Goddess the Fae wouldn't shut up about! Well, welcome to earth you majesty! Any preference on what house you'd like to be in?" The hat asked in her head. Amara blinked and then smirked, before thinking in big bold neon letters. I'm a Slytherin.

The hat chuckled out loud and said. "Well then, I reckon you'll do great things. So it better be Slytherin!" The hat said out loud, Amara smiled and stood up after the hat was removed she turned and gave it a thankful smile before swiftly walking off to her table. Draco hugged her with his infectious smile, "we did it!" He said happily, Amara laughed and smiled. Nagini slithered over, the snake had been sitting with Snape while it waited for the girl to be sorted.

"Yes! Yes we did! And now we can initiate plan rebellion!" She whisper laughed to Draco who smiled back mischievously. Pansy gave the two a peculiar look while Blaise sighed through his nose knowing that the duo was bound to cause trouble.

Dumbledore chuckled and stood at the podium ready to give his speech. "I'd first like to welcome our first year, I wish you all good luck and happiness in your studies here! I'd also like to point out that the Forbidden forest and certain areas of the castle are off limits to first years, if you would like a more detailed answers of where please ask you perfects later. And on that note let the feasts begin!" The old man smiled a twinkle in his eye.

Amara winked at him when his eyes landed on her and the old man chuckled before turning and sitting down.