16th birthday

Intro:in a world where on your 16th birthday a mark appears on a person's neck,depending on the level of the marks power.golden being the strongest then silver and at the bottom pink or blue depending on gender.marks very from suitcases(business man or woman)to a pacifier(where u are in a childlike state age depending on the colour of ur mark)people with pacifier marks often have caregivers who are known as parents with a present on their neck .Eileen will soon discover this lifestyle in the up coming book.

Eileens pov:

I woke up and sprinted to the bathroom,today was my 16th birthday and I was so excited to see my mark for the first time.But  I instantly regretted it when I took a glance at the mirror.There on the side of her neck was the imprint of a golden pacifier. "Ohhh fuck.....oh shit shit shit"I grabbed a bar of soap and attempted to rub that horrible marking off my body. "Hey sweety everything okay in there"I heard my mother say  from the other side of the door. "Yh in fin- I hear the door open as I instantly cover my neck.Mother walked up to me with a smile and moved my hand away from my neck,she gasped"awww honey it's not that bad"I'm pretty sure I'm the colour as a tomato at the moment,I wanna curl up and die."Im not going to school today..nope"I stated." My mother glared then laughed"u couldn't be that shocked u are 4ft 7 ya know......Are u listening to me? I turn around from the mirror with a tooth brush to my neck "hmmm yh"I get back to work on my neck.My mother snatched my tooth brush and I whined"aww poor little thing"mother cooed while kissing my cheek"go and get ready for school"I just over dramatically sadly walked out.

I puck out my outfit for the day,orange hoodie and white shorts making sure it covered my neck. I grabbed my bag and headed towards the door." Bye mom "I yelled" bye sweetheat and no funny business of u come in the dark again I ain't letting I in"I laughed as I walked down the road thinking off that bu t my thoughts where quickly interrupted as I bumped into something and fell backwards into the ground.Tears started to swell in my eyes which is odd bc It didn't even hurt. "I'm so sorry little one" I heard a lady say. I looked up to see a tall lady with pretty blue eyes and curly ginger hair in a white dress and heals,she had a concerned look on her face.I just nodded my head in response. "Use it words sugar"I looked at the ground and mumbled a quick yes." good girl"she said lifting me if the ground and setting me on my feet"t..thanks "I whisper she just smiled grabbed my bag of the ground" well I better be going,ya know busy busy"and she turned around and started walking in the other direction I just turned around and continued walking to class thinking of our encounter.