Chapter 4- Hiding.

As they paused on a hillside Gandalf said. " we must hold this course west of the Misty mountains for fourth days. If our luck holds, the gap of Rohan will still be open to us. From there our road turns east to Mordor."
Sam cooks some food for them and they all eat but Morwen. Boromir is sparing with Merry and pippin when she feels a darkness spread in the sky. Quickly she trots over to Legolas and nudges his hand making him look at her. He didn't even need to speak before he looked to the sky.
" what is that?" Sam asked now looking at the black too.
She nudges Legolas's hand again before wrapping her teeth around his sleeve and trying to pull him down.
"Nothing, it's just a whiff of cloud." Gimli says to the hobbit in a confidant voice.
" It's moving fast and against the wind." Boromir says now beside her.
Legolas then realises why she was pulling him down and shouts. "Crebain from dunland."
" hide." Aragorn shouts trying to put out the fire. Sam and the other two hobbits hide under a bush while the dwarf and Gandalf and Frodo and Boromir hid in a small cave. Morwen had pulled Legolas under a rock but when she sees Aragorn still trying to put the fire out she runs up to him and pushes him to the ground. He ends up next to the fire before lying on top him and the still slightly lit fire.
She feels pain in her lower body as a result of the fire but withholds her whimpers. She then turns her fur to a colour similar to the ground so they remain hidden from above.
When they finally turn and head back southward Gandalf calls out.
"Spies of Saruman! The passage south is being watched. We must take the pass of caradhras." He then turns to morwen and says. "You can rise off the heir now morwen. They have passed."  She then rose to her feet and winces as the man pulls out from under her.
"Thank you morwen." Aragorn calls out as he looks at her still dirt coloured fur. As if remembering she changes it back to black and winces again.
"she is hurt." Boromir says from the side as he comes towards her and she lets out a growl as she notices his closeness. She then remembers how close she was to Aragorn as well and steps away from him while still growling.
"You need to let us look morwen." When he tries to approach again she growls even louder at him. The hobbits had stopped talking among themselves now and turned to look at the conservation. Then while she was focused on the men Legolas had come to her side and was now stroking her fur. When she felt it she stopped growling and turned to him. She did not growl as she had with the others but instead looked angrily.
"You must let me look at your injury in case it is serious." He said carefully. When she did not move he came closer and sat at her side looking at the burn on her stomach. " it is minor.  With your enhanced healing it should take only hours."
When he finally moved away she gave him a cold looking before slowly walking to the hobbits who gave her strokes on her head.
"Why does she shy away from us but not him." Asked Boromir in a pointed way to legolas.
"She has been through Great cruelty at the hands of men. She wished not to come on this mission but under her promise she came." Gandalf replied.
He then left moving to her and told the hobbits to move away. He looked around so no one was listening before leaning into her and saying.
"Morwen do you not believe your human form would now more easily help you to move. Just until you have healed."
Slowly she shook her head and he sighed but nodded.
Then as the others got on their horses she instead now only carried two hobbits as they others were on Legolas and Aragorn horses. So they set of head to the pass of caradhra.