Chapter 7- Death. So much death.

When they were in the mine darkness covered them. All that could be seen were the red of Morwens eyes that was before Gandalf lit his staff.
"This is not a mine. This is a tomb." Boromir said voicing what Morwen already knew was true.
"No...no!" Gimli shouted as he fell to his knees.
Slowly when he rose they Carried on down the the corridor. "Goblins" legolas said pulling an arrow from a skull.
When they reached a split path Gandalf said.
"I have no memory of this place. We shall rest a while."
So as they all went their seperate ways moteen sat in the middle keeping an eye on her surroundings. Suddenly a familiar presence sat next to her.
He leaned across a bit and whispered to her only low enough for her wolf ears to pick up.
"I saw what you did back there morwen. I do not know what you are playing but I will find it." He said as she looked at him with her normal cold stare. Slowly she laid down in the ground shrinking slightly in size to make it easier for her to get a round.
"I know you are not a normal wolf. But I do not yet know what you are. I will find out though don't you worry about that." He whispered now smirking. He then stood up and walked towards the the others around the fire they had made.
"How about a tale. The tale of hardier and the Greenwood elf galdadad." All the hobbits quickly gathered round and looked at Legolas with smile's on their faces.
Morden moved forwards also to see what he would say.
"Thousands of years ago before even I was born Mirkwood was called greenwood. It was the most beautiful forest in middle earth and was ruled by a king named Galdadad. He was a wise elf. One of great power but he never found his lover. So when a beautiful elf maiden came wandering into his forest the elf king wished her to be his queen. Her name was hardier. she had long blonde hair with eyes which were said to hold the ocean. her beauty was said to rival that of even Galadriel of Lothorlien. with her she had brought a ring. Its power was similar to that of Frodo's." Now the hobbits were looking at him with awe while the men and Morwen joined the circle.

"But I thought all rings like this were destroyed by the elves." frodo said in wonder.

"Frodo they were but nobody knows were the ring came from.Go on legolas." Aragorn said.

" As many had before him Galdadad fell for the power of the ring and sought it for himself so he brought this elf into his kingdom. he spoilt her with riches and gave her everyhting she wished for so many years as she became his Queen. He made her believe that he truly loved her but one night when she was asleep he stabbed her in the heart feeling no remorse." All around the circle now the hobbits were looking Worried while Boromir was looking incredibly pale.

"He took the ring for himself and carried on with his life as if nothing happened while it had its affect from around his neck. The elf maiden Hardier was buried in an unmarked grave in the garden of Greenwood." The hobbits now looked up in suprise.

"How could they do that to an innocent elf." Pippin said moving towards morwen before sitting and leaning on her. The other hobbits then moved to her to as she still looked at Legolas impassive. He looked up at them and gave a small smile.

"Master Took if you let me continue you will hear more. Yes she was innocent and upon her death darkness fell over greenwood and it turned to Mirkwood as creatures filled it. One night he left the castle and no guards could find him. when they were looking around they found a body in the ponds in the garden's. when they reached in and pulled it out they saw none other than King galdadad himself. when they looked around in horror they also noticed an unmarked grave was empty. Next to the elf king another body had floated. The shape of a woman. When they pulled it out it was the Hardier looking pale and her eyes closed. What they did not notice until they buried him was that there was that the ring had disappeared from his neck. They never found it and assumed it lay at the bottom of the Pond. Upon the kings death his son took to throne. My father. Thrandiul. He has ruled for many years as you may know."

"The poor elf. She never even got to live because of that evil man." Frodo says

" Ah but don't you see master Hobbit." Gandalf pipes up from down the hall. "that was not the point of this story. Legolas's ancestor who was an elf, he too fell for a ring of power showing no one can withstand the darkness." Morwen had perked up a bit now and was staring deeply into Legolas's eyes as if trying to read him.

"Ah its this way." Gandalf now shouts.

"He remembers" says Pipin.

"No master Took the air smells nicer this way. If in doubt always follow your nose." he then carried on walking in the direction and Morwen slowly caught up to his side.

when Legolas looked he saw them having a silent conversation before Gandalf said just loud enough for his elf ears to hear.

"Do not worry, My lady. He cannot know. No one knows about that save for the people of Old."

This left Legolas with questions. What were they speaking of? Why did he call her my lady? Were they talking about him? and what is Morwen hiding?