3. Veggie soup.

As soon as she found her house’s phone ringing, she knew it had to be him. It was three hours before the set time for their second attempt of a date, and he had been calling her almost daily since his previous visit, making sure that she hadn’t backed out from their date.

“ Hello?” His reply was a coughing fit, and she was desperately trying not to laugh at the irony of it all.

“ Let me guess, not so germs-proof anymore?”

“ Oh shut up. I’m going to die and we haven’t even had our first kiss yet.” She would have rolled her eyes, if she wasn’t so thrilled by the thought of kissing him.

“ Want me to come over?” She tried to tell herself that it was nothing, that it was only natural for her to help him, the way he did her.

“ Well, I wouldn’t want you to catch it again.”

“ Yeah, I guess you’re righ-“

“ I’ll text you the address.” This time, she actually did laugh, because he was such a child at times, and she was quite fond of that.

“ Alright. I’m warning you beforehand, I’m an awful cook.”

“ Of course you are. Have you ever heard of a couple where both partners could cook?”

“ Not a couple, Harry.”

“ You keep telling yourself that, love. On your way over to my house; the house of the man who is not your boyfriend, get me some veggie soup.”

“ Why veggie?”

“ No chickens are to be slaughtered in the process of getting me better.” She pulled the phone away from her ear, staring down upon it, because honestly, she couldn’t believe someone was that mentality was so highly likable and charming. Once she put the phone back to her ear, he was still explaining how the procedure was brutal and that soon enough, chicken would be as extinct as thesauruses.

“ Alright, Harry. Veggie soup. Got it. On my way.”

“ Great. I’ll be waiting for you.” He coughed again, chocking out a small “bye”, before she heard a whispered “fucking hell”, and then the click indicating the end of the phone call. She didn’t know, but she was smiling to herself, finding her way out of her apartment, and onto the crowded streets, to get her non-boyfriend some veggie soup.