9. "This is Mister Albert."

" We're laying by the side road, Harry."

" It's going to pass you by."

" It's late and we're in the middle of nowhere, this is how every horror movie starts."

" Quick, take a listen!"

" An axe murderer might be watching us now."

" You'll lose this round if you don't pay attention now!"

He had pulled over, urging her to follow him, and although it had been late, cold, and dark, she still did. He waited until a car passed by, before beginning to tell a full, fascinating story, about what would have led the passengers of the car to that road. She didn't know how someone could care so much about someone else's story, or reasoning, when most people couldn't even figure out their own.

But no one was Harry.

No one would ever be.

" Well, they seem to be in a bit of a hurry, so it's a wife, and a husband, no children. They're going to a friend's wedding, and they're late. The wife is holding the map, yelling to the husband to make a turn, but he's insisting on going in a straight line, only increasing the speed, the more she nags to him about it."

" Not bad for a first trial." He said with a proud grin, tilting his head towards her a bit. She couldn't help but stare into the glow of his bright, green, eyes, and how the moon and the stars and the whole fucking sky, seemed to be reflected into them. She smiled at him, not wanting to break their peaceful silence. Another car passed by, as they diverted their sights away from each other, and onto the sky again.

" This one is too slow. The engine is loud too, so I'll say, this is Mister Albert. He's about 80 years old, and he's traveling to visit the grandchildren. Mrs. Albert passed away last year, so he's on his own. His children told him to stay with them, but he can't bring himself to leave his house. He goes to sleep every night on her side of the bed, and hope that when the day comes, they find him on that side of the bed. He misses her dearly, you see. She was the love of his life."

An odd sense of sadness settled upon his features, and she wondered how he could feel everything so profoundly. He cared, so much, and she was grateful, for him, keeping his heart so pure and human, when everything else around him seemed to be tearing him apart.

She found herself leaning in, and planting a slight kiss to his cheeks. He blinked a few times, as if remembering that she was there, and he was with her, and Mister Albert probably wasn't real, but they were. Then, he smiled, all dimples and alive eyes and white teeth and a tongue, and she fell a bit harder.

" What was that for?"

" Because Mister Albert is lucky to have someone tell his story so beautifully."

" I'll tell yours too. I'll tell it to our children, and then grandchildren. I'll tell it to my friends, to my family, so everyone at work. This is one story I'd never get tired of telling."

" Do you think mine will be as sad as Mister Albert's?"A frown creased his forehead, and he seemed to be sunk into his thoughts, before he shook his head once, turning to face her, seemingly reaching some sort of resolution.

" That means that I'll die, and I'd be the love of your life. I can handle that."

" Who said you're my Mrs. Albert?" He laughed again, and somehow, it only grew more joyful, more lively. But then he settled down, turning serious.

" I told you; it's inevitable. This, what we have here, this is it. This is how it's going to be for a long time. You can't escape that. I don't think I can let you."

" I don't want you to." She breathed, stunned by his innocent faith in them, her, himself, and all that was in between.

" Good." He grinned, turning his eyes towards the stars, taking her hand in his, and putting it to his heart.

" Your turn now." He said, hearing an approaching car.

And that was how they spent the night; tangled into their own little world, that only existed around them, and through them.

And he was okay with that, so naturally, so was she.

_______________________________________________________________

a/n: this is kinda how I imagine harry to be in real life and he's so beautiful

ily x