Introduction to the Types (pt. 1)

For the Myers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI), a personality is divided into four separate parts, and they can either be:

- Extraverted (E)

- Introverted (I)

- Intuitive (N)

- Sensing (S)

- Feeling (F)

- Thinking (T)

- Perceiving (P)

- Judging (J)

If you don't know anything about the MBTI, then this will definitely help clear things up.

Here are some brief descriptions of the main functions:

Extraversion (E) - "I like getting my energy from active involvement in events and having a lot of different activities. I'm excited when I'm around people and I like to energize other people. I like moving into action and making things happen. I generally feel at home in the world." (mbti-basics)

Introversion (I) - "I like getting my energy from dealing with the ideas, pictures, memories, and reactions that are inside my head, in my inner world. I often prefer doing things alone or with one or two people I feel comfortable with." (mbti-basics)

Intuition (N) - "Paying the most attention to impressions or the meaning and patterns of the information I get. I would rather learn by thinking a problem through than by hands-on experience. I'm interested in new things and what might be possible, so that I think more about the future than the past." (mbti-basics)

Sensing (S) - "Paying attention to physical reality, what I see, hear, touch, taste, and smell. I'm concerned with what is actual, present, current, and real. I notice facts and I remember details that are important to me." (mbti-basics)

Feeling (F) - "I believe I can make the best decisions by weighing what people care about and the points-of-view of persons involved in a situation. I am concerned with values and what is the best for the people involved. I like to do whatever will establish or maintain harmony." (mbti-basics)

Thinking (T) - "Thinking people are objective. They make decisions based on facts. They are ruled by their head instead of their heart. Thinking people judge situations and others based on logic. They value truth over tact and can easily identify flaws." (mbti-basics)

Perceiving (P) - "Perceiving personality types are relaxed. They cope with challenges by keeping an open schedule that allows them the flexibility to work at their own pace and change tasks as needed. In the workplace, people with a perceiving preference are adaptable and nonjudgmental." (indeed)

Judging (J) - "People with the Judging preference want things to be neat, orderly and established. Judgers want things settled. We are using Judging when we: Make a list of things to do." (personality page)

Hopefully these will help clear things up for the future :)