Demolition Lovers

You watched as the buildings of Dallas started to fade away and the dense suburbs turned into open farmland, as you and the Hargreeves drove down the road you were on. You stared blankly out the front window, your heart still heavy with the grief of leaving your mother and Charlie behind. The last conversation you had with her and Charlie's goodbye letter stung more than you could put into words. It was that same pain that made you a little jealous that you all were heading to a farm so you could bring the people Vanya cared for along yet neither you, Allison nor Klaus could have that opportunity. Maybe it was just the sorrow of losing people a third time that was making you cynical, but it didn't do much to ease your feelings. Slight tears continued to fall from your eyes as you silently sat with your heartbreak.

To your right, Five could see the streaks where tears had fallen reflect off your face in the sunlight. You had grown silent ever since you had finished reading Charlie's letter and he could only imagine the feelings you were going through right now. Five realized now that he should've brought Charlie along. You deserved to have a friend outside of this family, but it was too late now to turn back around. The car was relatively quiet except for the low mumblings of his siblings in the back seats. Not wanting to draw attention to you he gently wrapped his arm around your shoulders bringing you closer to him. Leaning into his embrace you hid your face in the crook of his neck. Five looked around at his siblings making sure none were paying attention before leaning his head down towards you and whispering,

"I'm sorry for all this."

It wasn't the best of situations to be in, but it was the most logical one. The decision that would keep everyone safe and the safety of the group came first. You took a moment to yourself before letting out a deep breath.

"It's okay...it was the right thing to do." You mumbled back

"Just because it might be right, doesn't make it fair." Five replied softly

"No. It doesn't." You quietly stated

It was still an unfortunate situation but it was nice to have your boyfriend validate your feelings. It wouldn't fix things but it did make them a little more tolerable. Five rested his head on top of yours, still embracing you, as the journey to the farm continued. It took a few more minutes for your tears started to subside, but as they did an odd feeling started to form in your gut. Out of nowhere, it started to feel as if someone was poking your stomach really hard. It wasn't uncomfortable, just annoying. As the car drove further and further down the road, the sensation grew, and with that growth came more physical pain. Instead, of an annoying poking sensation it turned into the equivalent of period cramps. Still manageable, but not fun to deal with. You scrunched your face as you tried to deal with what was happening but the further you went down the road the worse it got. You knew that pain like this could only come from a powerful disturbance in the area and you had a solid guess of where it was coming from. Pulling away from Five you wrapped your arms tightly around your waist as you leaned forward as far as you could, your head now practically between your knees.

"(Y/N), are you okay?" Five asked concerned placing a hand on your back

The rest of the group turned towards the front looking at a worried Five and you who was in obvious discomfort.

"Five, what did you do to her!" Diego chastised

"I didn't do anything!" Five retorted before softening his tone and asking "What's going on, mon chérie?"

Forcing yourself to sit upright again you breathed in and out trying to redistribute and balance the molecules around you. Between breaths, you responded,

"Something's wrong up ahead."

"What do you mean?" Allison questioned

"There's a massive molecular disturbance, I don't know what it is yet but I can sure as hell feel it getting closer." You answered