The Bargain Brand Bunch - "The Day That Wasn't" Side Story

2/5/14:

It had been about a month since you first started at your new school and over the course of that month, you were able to make a nice group of friends to spend time with. It was even better because all you shared your classes together, except for math. Your friend Kenny had to be put in the lower math class because he struggled with it. But this wasn't math class, this was English and your teacher Ms. Lewis was finally going to announce the research project that she had been hyping up since the beginning of the spring year.

"Alright, kids I am so excited to tell you about your research project!" Ms. Lewis says "As you all know I am a big fan of superheroes as I was born only 2 years before the kids in the Umbrella Academy were, which is why I have decided that our research project will be about impactful heroes both real and fictional! One half of the project is the actual research part and then the other half is a presentation for the class on what you learned. Please get into groups and decide what hero or heroes you might want to do."

Quickly you and your friends get into a group. Putting your desks in a circle you sit and talk about who your project should be about.

"Guys, we have to do the Umbrella Academy!" Lucas exclaims

"Yeah!" Addison exclaims

"That would be so cool," Dean adds

You shifted around nervously in your chair. You really did not want to do the Umbrella Academy for your research project. You had only arrived in the future a few months ago and before your friends now, the Hargreeves kids were your friends, but time had gone on and you were without them. To possibly do a project about people you had lost so recently, well it hurt more than anything. You thought over the memories you had with them, playing piano with Vanya, Reading books with Ben, piggyback races with Diego...spending time with Five. You didn't want to do this. It was already starting to upset you remembering all the things you would never be able to do again.

"I don't know guys, why don't we do like Peter Parker or something. There are plenty of different Spider-Men to report on." You try to convince

"Yeah but all the Spider-Men are all pretty similar. The Umbrella Academy has a whole bunch of different powers!" Kenny exclaims

"But there's six of them and seven of us," You retort desperate the get them to change their minds

"Actually," Viktoria pipes up "My mom works for a publishing company and I got to read a new manuscript written by a secret seventh sibling. Her name is Vanya Hargreeves and I'd be willing to go as her if we do the Umbrella Academy." 

"B- but..." you stutter

"What if we take a vote?" Bren suggests

The rest of your group nods their heads. You had a bad feeling about the outcome but you really didn't have any other choice. 

"All in favor of the Umbrella Academy?" Bren questions

Everyone but you raises their hand. You let out a defeated sigh. 

"Alright. you guys win." You say resigned

Your friends excitedly start to talk about the project and you just sit back and watch. 

"So each one of us will be one of the siblings." Lucas states "I'll be number one because Luther is my favorite and if you don't let me I'm throwing you out the classroom window."

"I'll go as Vanya. Did you guys know that she played the violin, that's cool since I play the viola." Viktoria says

You knew that Vanya played the violin. You played duets with her on piano.