I Love You, Eudora - "Here Without You" Side Story

12/25/2013

Given the fact that Reginald Hargreeves was not one for Christmas celebrations nor celebrations in general, Diego took it upon himself to make sure you had a good holiday. But more importantly, he wanted to introduce you to a very special person in his life. He hadn't gone back to the academy in years but today he would do it. Knocking on the front door he waits for someone to open it. When the door opens he sees Grace standing there.

"Hi, mom," Diego says

"Diego! Merry Christmas I am so surprised you're here!" Grace exclaims "Do you want to come inside?"

"Sure, but only briefly. I'm sure you understand why" Diego states 

"Of course," Grace replies as she gestures him into the foyer

"What brings you back home, Diego?" Grace asks

"I was wondering if I could take (Y/N) out for the day." Diego answers

"Oh, that would be lovely," Grace explains "She was so excited to tell me how she saw you at the boxing club yesterday so I'm sure she'll be ecstatic to spend the holiday with you. Let me go get her, although I think you'd like to come and see her room."

Diego didn't really want to go much farther into the house in fear he might run into his father but he couldn't say no to his mom. Hesitantly, he nods his head and the two of them make their way up to where the bedrooms are. When they get into the hall of their bedroom Grace brings him over to his old bedroom door. 

"Mom, what are we doing at my room?" Diego asks

Grace ignores his question and knocks on the door.

"(Y/N), you have a visitor." Grace calls out

A few seconds after the door swings open and there was (Y/N). Diego watches as your eyes light up. Throwing your arms around him you give him a big hug.

"Hi Eggo!" you exclaim

Diego wraps his arms back around you.

"Hey there kiddo," He says "I didn't know you decided to live in my room."

"Yeah, out of all the choices I felt it was best." You respond 

Diego feels a sense of pridee that out of all the rooms to move into you chose his. He enters the room and takes a look around. You added a lot of your stuff to it but there were some elements you kept. It was nice that you left some things the same, it made it more so of a collaboration between his time here and your time rather than you just replacing it all.

"You made a great choice then. Now, I was wondering if you'd want to spend Christmas with me?" Diego asks

"Yeah! Let me grab my coat!" You exclaim

Happily, you run over to your closet and grab a coat to wear. Once you have it on, you head back to your door and say,

"I'm ready!"

You, Diego and Grace all make your way back downstairs to the foyer. Diego gives Grace a hug before opening the front door and exiting the house. You follow after and as the two of you walk out of the house gates Grace calls,

"Have her home no later than 10pm,"

"I will, Mom." Diego responds

You then open the passenger side door and start to get into the car. Diego gets in the drivers side and as he pulls away you wave goodbye to Grace. Diego and you drive for a bit taking in the snowy sights and listening to holiday music but soon enough the car pulls up at a nice little house. The two of you step out of the car and make your way up to the door of the home. Diego gives it a knock and within a few seconds the door swings open. Standing there is a young woman with dark brown hair and brown eyes.