Charmer (Shot 3)

SHOT 3

"If you hold it any tighter, your knuckles might break."

It took a minute for Khushi to realize, she was holding the steering wheel with iron grip.

Ever since Khushi became the fodder for gossip, she has been envisioning the time she will get to confront ASR. Many arguments and accusations took place with him in her mind. N0w she finally has him with her, Khushi couldn't decide if she wants to unleash everything she has been storing inside her or let this silence prevail.

"You can ask me, you know." He suggested

"Ask what?"

"About whatever that makes you glare at me every time we cross path."

Khushi turned to look at him and scoffed. "As if you aren't aware of it."

"I am not." His smug expression didn't fool her in believing that he didn't know what bothered her.

Khushi arched her eyebrows and challenged him. When he didn't say anything more, she decided to play oblivious. "Then I am not." She said. "Glaring at you that is."

Arnav nodded. "Okay." He turned his body to her side to face her. "Then let me ask you."

Khushi changed gear with hard push and pull making it no secret that how frustrating she found this drive with him.

"Why are you being mean to those poor students?"

"Who?" Khushi asked even though she very well knows who he was talking about.

Arnav, however, didn't indulge her but continued talking. "Do you know how important role a teacher plays in a student's life? For 'bout 25% of someone's life teachers and the environment they provide in schools and colleges become reflection of real life society to students. What we show them of us and what we make them show about themselves becomes major part of who they are in the future when they face the real world. So, it isn't fair to hold uncalled for vengeance for harmless high jinks."

"Harmless!" Khushi sounded exasperated as she looked at Arnav in disbelief. Whole college harassing her every day with a man she hardly knows is harmless to him?

"Spoke like a true male, you." Khushi growled. "Whenever a woman expresses her distress it is only hysterics to you men, isn't? We woman are not supposed to have any feelings, right? All those damn 'gossips' that keep spreading about me is to be laughed at as some silly prank. Is that what you are telling me?"

Arnav looked perplexed. It was evident that he didn't bother to consider how this was making Khushi feel. He opened his mouth to speak but nothing but irrelevant pronouns left his lips.

"I am sorry. I ..."

Khushi took a deep breath. Now, that she has said out loud what she was hoping anyone could lend ears to, she felt relieved. Turning to Arnav, she almost felt little brave.

Bet no one has made the mighty ASR remorsefully speechless.

Nevertheless, Khushi didn't go soft on him. Has she been given an opportunity to grill the infamous professor who made her life in college annoying. Yes, please, she will use to full advantage.

"Anyway..." Khushi spoke. "I don't want advice from an irresponsible professor who drinks with his students. If that is not spoiling them rot for society that what is?" Khushi resisted the urge to air quote and throw sting eye at him.

This accusation seemed to have sobered Arnav. "Really! Which utopian society am I sending my students to where drinking is a sin?" he challenged.

Khushi rolled her eyes but didn't answer.