Shopping Date With a Vampire

I gripped the living hell out of my steering wheel, so much that my knuckles were turning a pale grey color that caused me to panic. Should I tell Jake? Should I just flake and say I got food poisoning? My mind swirled around in panic as I shuffled through the possibilities of how I could get out of this. My breathing intensified as I flipped through my phone to find a song to listen too. I pounded on the wheel with my free hand as my screen froze for a second and went black.

"Shit, ran out of battery." I scolded myself. The light slowly flickered from a deep red to green and I slowly put my foot on the gas, trying to stall as much time as possible to come up with a game plan. The charming buildings morphed around my vision as I glided through the streets of Forks, eventually pulling up to my house. I took a deep breath before shutting off the engine and unlocking the front door. The crisp empty hair lingers and I know that no one else is home, I grab a drink and plop down on my bed. What do you wear with a vampire? Skirt? Mini dress? Cowl neck? I roll my eyes in frustration when I hear a chime from my phone.

*Hey gurl, on the way from A's house! Be there in 5* Um, okay I thought, I rummaged through my clean clothes and picked out a cute camisole and a mini skirt and called it a day. I quickly checked my hair and makeup and deemed it satisfactory before running out the door. I was greeted by a sleek Mercedes E Class that looked very out of place in my run down driveway. Alice poked her head out the window and flashed the most charming smile while waving me in the car,

"Get in loser, we're going shopping!" Alice giggled, Scott, sitting comfortably in the passenger seat, quickly whipped his head around and handed me a delicious looking latte.

"Vanilla Latte with extra whip for an extra bitch!" We took a quick look at each other and then busted out laughing.

"Scotty you are too much!" I laughed while taking a sip of the warm beverage.

"This is actually so good, thank you Scott! Alice, what did you get?" I questioned quickly to see how quick she was on her feet.

"Have you seen me Y/N? I'm like the energizer bunny, coffee drives me haywire!" She jokes while pulling out of the driveway. Smart, I thought. These vampires could be Oscar winning actors. I quickly let the thought go while mindlessly sipping on my coffee. The ride to Port Angeles was quick and easy, we gabbed mindlessly on reality TV, school and all the cute boys Scott had a crush on. If I hadn't had known Alice and her family were over 100 year old vampires, I would have thought she was as normal as they come- except for the designer clothes and sleek sportscars. We pulled into a small boutique with trendy clothes and expensive handbags and Alice causally strolled in first, swapping friendly hello's with the employees. Suddenly, as if out of thin air, an eccentric woman bursts from the design studio's double doors and let out a charming laugh,

"Alice, Oh! The apple of my eye! The gem of my ocean! How are you sweetheart!" She commented, I noted her gorgeous fire engine red hair and pale skin. She was draped in gorgeous linens and striking bold statement gems. Her personality was so large, it was like two supernovas blowing up.

"Oh Jess, I missed you so much! I wanted to see if you had anything new for me and my friends." Alice squealed while hugging Jess in another tight embrace. After, Alice turned to us and introduced us to her friend. Jess greeted us with huge hugs and lead us into the design studio, where she held her newest designs and fabrics.

The rest of the afternoon we spent snacking on charcuterie boards and a wide variety of wines, something I had never done before. We giggled while Scott designed his dream mini dress with Jess, and I picked out the cutest custom clutch with cow print and golden chains. With the relaxing music and delicious smooth wine, the afternoon quickly slid into the evening and before we knew it, it was already eight pm. We thanked Jess for a wonderful afternoon and made our way back to the car.

"Well that was super fun! Thank you two for coming with me!" Alice cooed to the both of us.

"Yesss absolutely! We have to do this again sometime!" Scott showed off his new jewelry to us. "We're going to your house for dinner now, right A?" Suddenly a shiver shot up my spine. One vampire I could deal with- especially Alice. But a HOUSE FULL? I went into almost full panic mode, trying to keep my composure in the back seat while Scott and Alice gabbed about the fun recipe they were going to make at her house. I tried my best to keep a calm face while the engine roared on the freeway. I thought this would be a perfect time to create an excuse on why I couldn't join in the festivities.

*Hi Jake, whatcha up too?*

*Nothing really, Paul just left, beat his ass in Xbox*

*I'm hungryyy can you feed me?*

*Of course, I'll pick you up in a few*

I shut my phone off and let a sigh of relief just as Alice was pulling off of the freeway,

"Ugh, I don't think I can join you guys, I have a major test in bio tomorrow morning. But I'll catch you next time!" I added some drama in my voice, I knew Scott would never let me get off with just pizza with Jake, so I thought a little white lie wouldn't hurt. But of course I wanted to give my best friend and out before getting himself in a situation,

"Scott, did you get a chance to study? I can always help" I questioned,

"Biiiiitch, I'm good- bio is the only subject I'm good at!" He joked, I let out a small light chuckle and gazed out the window in concern. The only thing I could do now is just hope the Cullen's were not going to eat my best friend. Before I could even finish my thought, we were pulling up to the house and I hugged Scott goodbye and made a point to tell him to "be careful" more than usual. I shut his door and waved goodbye. I prayed to myself while watching my friend drive away, "please don't let my friend get eaten by vampires tonight. And the sleek Mercedes drifted away into the dark night.