Gold Dust Woman

"It's hard to look into your eyes

Knowing it might be the last time

The spaces in between our breaths

They're singing to the infinite"

Lambs Wool by Foster the People

The gorgeous trees lining the lonely road seemingly sprawled for miles as I finally pulled into the reservation. There were a few cars in the parking lot, I noticed Mia's car and let out a heaving sigh - maybe she would have more information on what happened to Jacob. I gathered my things and threw on my jacket when something caught my eye. Through the clearing, I noticed a glimmering something standing in the sun. It had to be the most magnificent thing I had ever seen in my life, it looked like a normal person, but far, far more gorgeous. I fell into a trance as my feet dragged into the direction of the Greek God I was witnessing. The person, or entity did not see me until my boot snapped a stupid twig on the ground. It was a woman, more beautiful than any supermodel that I've ever seen in my life. Her blonde locks flowed flawlessly down her shoulders and her poise was of royal degree. My mouth was left ajar as I just stared and her glittering body in the sunlight. She cracked a smile and looked directly into my eyes. Her eyes were bloodshot red, not in her whites but her actual iris was red. I took a sharp step back as chills crept up my back. She was some sort of demon. She proceeded to move closer to me and I shuffled back, tripping over a pile of twigs. My leg got cut by a twig, and the pain caused me to close my eyes and writhe with pain. Before I could open my eyes, I heard a loud growl come out of the right portion of the forest. In a flash, a large wolf like creature bounded from seemingly nowhere and attacked the ethereal woman. She struggled to be released from his grasp as the wolf mauled her. I was so paralyzed with fear that I forgot to even run away. I stabilized my footing and dashed towards the community center. I swung the door open screaming as a frighted Mia sat quietly drinking coffee.

"HOLY SHIT MIA, HELP ME!" I screamed while running towards her. Mia, shocked out of her mind, instinctively threw her coffee on the ground and wrapped her arms around me.

"ARE YOU OKAY Y/N?" Mia asked, whipping her head around frantically to search for the intruder. My mind was in shambles, I began to stutter out as many words as I could,

"W-w-wolf, a-a-te gi-i-irl" My mouth was dry as I searched for any fucking word that could make sense.

"Y/N, you're okay. I promise you that you're safe." Mia ran to the front and grabbed a seat and sat me down.

"I'm going to get you some water." Mia shuffled into the kitchen. I buried my head into my lap and sighed loudly. It all happened so quickly, the woman and then the wolf fucking eating her. I couldn't get the image out of my head, before I spiraled I heard Mia's footsteps and looked up at her. She handed me the water and rubbed my back thoughtfully.

"Y/N please explain to me exactly what just happened"

"Well, I was pulling up, and something super shiny caught my eye and I just couldn't look away..." Mia's eyes seemed to widen with every word I said. I explained to her how when I looked at the woman, her eyes were blood red and when I tried to run away- a wolf like creature attacked her. By the time I was finished with my story- Mia was speechless.

"Are you okay Mia?" I asked, Mia slowly gathered herself as she walked pensively around, thinking of what to say next.

"Um, I'm okay Y/N, I'm just glad you're okay. That's the most important part..." She placed her hand on her face and rubbed her cheeks- seemingly trying to get blood circulating from her shock.

"Mia, I feel you're not telling me something." I questioned, looking at her closely.

"Y/N, this is some heavy shit, it's older than you and older than all of us." I was shocked by Mia's use of profanity, but I was also shocked by what she was saying.

"This has something to do with the wolf thing right?" I stood up, "I read something online about your tribe being connected to wolves or something?" I questioned.

"You're not wrong. How do I put this, um, you can say we-" before Mia could finish, someone busted through the doors of the community center, a sweaty buzzed cut boy with no shirt on. It was Jacob Black.

"Hold on Mia. I need to talk to her." Before Mia could even respond, Jacob had semi-forcefully grabbed my hand, dragging me into the misty afternoon. His grip was firm and unusually warm for such a warm day. Jacob led me to the same clearing I had just been terrorized at.

"Uh, Jacob, we should stay away from here! I just saw some crazy stuff happen over here." I pleaded." I heard Jacob scoff and continue,

"Yeah, she won't be coming back anytime soon."

"What? You know her? What's going on?" I squirmed in his grip.

"Trust me, I'll explain everything soon."

Jacob sat me down on a log while he paced in front of me. As shit scared as I was, I couldn't take my eyes off of him. He was absolutely gorgeous, his features were strong and unique, like a Greek statue. Of course his body was perfect, but I was more interested in what was swirling around behind that magnificent face. I shivered as the reality of the situation gently washed over me.

"Jacob, will you explain to me what's going on? I came here to get answers not to get heat stroke" I said, wiggling out of my jacket.

"Where do I begin?" He looked at the sky.

"You can start at where you nearly died the other day?" I chuckled slowly. His eyes softened and he smirked slightly.

"Yeah, about that, guess you can say I almost died." Jacob took a seat next to me and looked at my hands.

"It's... it's something that has been happening for thousands of years. It's called imprinting." He explained, "You can't control who it happens with and once it happens, you always have to be with that person." He looked up at me.

"You mean, love at first sight?" I smiled awkwardly, so confused on what the fuck he was saying.

"That leads me into my next explanation. Mia was going to tell you something that you have to promise not to tell a soul, okay?" I nodded feverishly.

"The Quileute tribe did descend from shapeshifters, or what Westerners like to call werewolves." I nodded slowly, trying to comprehend each word he was saying.

"So, you are a werewolf." I asked slowly, inhaling the cold air.

"Uh, yes." Jacob quietly laughed.

"Are you a human?" I'm not sure why I asked but the words fumbled out of my mouth like jello and I formed a crooked smile at Jacob. Jacob laughed and took my hand,

"Y/N, of course I'm a human, I can shift from human form to wolf form as I please"

"So you killed the red-eyed woman earlier?" I asked, his playful demenor slid back into his usual serious tone.

"It was either her or you, and I have to protect you. She was a vampire Y/N" Chills once again shot down my back. Could it all be true? Is Scott going to tell me tomorrow that he's a fucking fairy? I stuggled to keep my composure as the world slowly began spinning. I couldn't handle reality anymore, the floor dropped from under me as the dizziness took over my motor functions. I could faintly hear Jacob asking for help and then feeling his strong arms grip my head from hitting the log. Before I blacked out, I somehow heard the first notes of "Space Song" by Beach House as Jacob carried a passed out bitch (me) back into his house and laid me down on his bed.