V

Jada's eyes fluttered open, she was still next to Pac's warm body in his uncomfortable hospital bed. Jada looked up at his face, his head was wrapped in tape, he had a concussion after the hard fall he took when he got shot. She stroked his face and watched his chest move up and down at a steady pace. She listened to his heart beat, it was pumping blood slowly.
"Thank God, you're still here with me..." She whispered to herself.
There was a knock at the door, Jada shifted her attention to it. There stood, Afeni Shakur.
Jada quickly got up and hugged his beloved mother.

"It's been awhile Jada," Afeni whispered, to keep herself from waking up her son.

Jada released the embrace, "I know. I know. I missed you,"

Afeni gave her a warm smile and looked at
Tupac . You could tell she was worried.

"Don't worry, he is fine. I was worried the whole time I flew here. He's just having a hard time speaking." Jada said.
Afeni walked to the side of the bed, "I wasn't. He is a fighter and he always pulls through. This music stuff is just taking over his life and putting him in danger. One day, God will keep him where he wants him."

Jada frowned at the thought of her favorite human leaving this earth, "I think he wi—"

"Jada," Afeni interrupted, "Why can't you two just make it official? You keep him sane and out of trouble. I'm tired of having scares like this. I turn on the news and I always see frightening things about my son, he was in a fight, he was shot, he was shot at, he was arrested."

Jada smiled softly and sat on the other side of the bed and held her bestfriend's hand, "Ms. Afeni, you know he has a mind of his own and he's going to do what he wants regardless. I don't think I can really prevent him from acting the way he does"

"Trust me Jada. You haven't heard the way he talks about you and the way you inspire him to do better." Afeni organized the room while speaking, she didn't like to see clutter everywhere, "I cant stay long...I have work in the morning and I took the quickest flight out here. I'm going to go get somethings you all may need and I'll be back."

"Okay. Be careful." Jada hugged her as she prepared to leave the room.
Once Afeni left, Jada turned her attention back to Pac, who was now awake and was staring at her.

"So you just not gonna say anything." She said while sitting on his side of the bed.

Tupac brushed his heavy hand across Jada's small thigh.

"Pac, don't do that" She snickered, "Drink some water."
She sat up his bed using the remote and then placed the skinny straw in his mouth.
He licked his dry lips after taking a sip.

"Thank you." He said lowly.

"Your speaking is better today."

"I was only talking like that because it hurt to speak."
Tupac took a hold of her hand, all he wanted to do was touch her.
She let him hold it as she looked into his big brown eyes, "You want me to get you anything?"

"I just want to go home. I hate New York. I hate hospitals."

Jada chewed on the inside of her cheek, "I know you do, but it maybe another week before they let you out."

"I can't do that." He let go of her hand and fiddled with one of the tubes hooked to him, "I feel like them niggas got a one up on me. I have to handle that."

Jada rolled her eyes, "No you don't Pac. I wish you would stay out of trouble."

"Fuck you mean? They started it when they tried to kill a nigga."

Jada went and sat on the couch, slightly getting irritated, "Okay..It's only going to get worse. You don't even know who did it. It could've been some hating ass fan." 
Tupac gave her a dead glare, "Now we both know—"

"Both know what Pac? Who you think it was? Puffy? Big? Mobb Deep? Mack?"

Tupac shrugged.

Jada's voice slightly got louder, "Exactly you don't  know! I wish you would think before you made your stupid and impulsive decisions. Shit Faith Evans could've did it. You would've ended up going after the wrong person and made things worse."

"Shit Jada, wassup with you? Ion know why you getting mad at me. Whoever did it, gone regret it." Pac wondered why Jada was getting so upset, "I thought you was the Bonnie to my Clyde. I thought you was finna be down."

"I'm not down with this shit....Do you know how worried and scared me and your momma get every time you walk out the fucking house? Do you know how stressful it is having to worry if you will ever come back home? Nobody wants to go through that." Jada's eyes started to sting as she felt tears start to fly out her ducts. She hated when she cried in front of him, "If you want revenge, let someone stupid and crazy like Suge, handle that. I don't want you getting involved in shit."

"Come here baby.." Pac held out his bandaged arms to a certain extent, so he wouldn't hurt himself.

Jada walked over to him, as tears still fell from her eyes. She curled up under his arm and continued to weep.

"I'm not going anywhere."

She looked up for a second, "Stop saying that. God keeps saving you from shit, but the more you get into it, he will keep you where he wants you" She said referring back to his mother's words from earlier, "I keep thinking you will always pull through, but in reality, you won't one day. We aren't kids anymore...you really have to start taking your life serious"

Tupac gulped silently, he knew Jada was right.

"I will never be sane if you left me on this earth alone." She finally finished.

Tupac looked into her eyes, he was tempted to go in for a kiss, but he refused. He had too much racing through his mind right now.
He didn't know what he was going to do. Of course, he wanted to listen to Jada, but he couldn't bare the thought of his shooter walking around alive.

"You don't know how much I love you, Jada. My whole heart in human form." He stroked her chin as a smile finally crept upon her lips.

"But me letting this shit go? I have to think about it."

A frown came to her face again, "I hate you Pac." Jada got up from his hold and jumped out of the bed.

"Come on don't say that." Tupac slightly chuckled, "Bring yo cute ass back over here"

"You play too much. Bye." Jada stormed out of the room. She was kind of hurt that Pac didn't take her seriously, maybe he did, but he didn't show it enough, and that hurt her.

Tupac knew she was going to be back.