XXVII

Next Night

Jada carefully removed Pac's freshly baked chocolate chip cookies from the oven, their sweet aroma filling the room. "They're ready," she informed him. He lounged on the couch, shirtless in pajama pants, eagerly anticipating the taste of the baked treats.

Happily, Pac rose from the couch and wrapped his arms around Jada as she added extra chocolate chips to melt onto the cookies. "Let's see if you know what you're doing," he teased before taking a bite.

"Damn," he exclaimed, savoring the flavor in his next bite. "Hungry ass," Jada chuckled as she watched him grab another. Their conversation halted abruptly when the door knocked.

Curious, Jada asked, "What time is it?"

"It's almost 10. Who is that?" Pac wondered with a mouthful.

Jada walked towards the door and opened it to two Caucasian police officers.

"Good evening Miss Pinkett, we've been looking for Mr. Shakur, we got a tip that he was over here."

Tupac left the kitchen as soon as he heard his name, he hated the cops. He showed up to the door in silence before Jada could respond.

Without any hesitation, the cop began, "Mr. Shakur, you're under arrest for connection to the murder of Christopher Wallace. You have the right to an attorney, anything you say or do will be held against you in court."

Jada's heart fell to the pit of her stomach.
Christopher? Biggie? He died?
Off of her first instinct, she immediately grabbed Tupac's hand, "Baby?" She asked with worry.

"Call Suge baby." Tupac said before complying and turning around with his hands behind his back.

Jada quickly grabbed his face while the officers tried aggressively pull him away, she felt tears swell up in her eyes.

"Watch what the fuck you doing!" Pac yelled as the cops yanked on him.

"Pac...Please" Jada pleaded for him not to catch an attitude with the police.

"Call Suge." He said firmly again before finally getting dragged out of her home.

Jada watched the cops push him into the car as she wiped her eyes.
She ran to the phone connected on her wall and grabbed the phonebook in her drawer. She dialed Suge's number.

"Hello?" He picked up after two rings.

"Suge? Big died?" Jada asked.

"Yea, that shit just came on the news"

"Suge, Lesane got arrested."

"What?! Where are they taking him?" Jada could sense his anger through the phone.

"Downtown? I don't know, he told me to call you, you know what to do right?" Jada rubbed her head in distress.

"Jada. You know Pac is family, everything will be handled by tomorrow. Don't worry."

Before Jada could respond, the line ended.
Jada turned on the news, the death of Notorious B.I.G was plastered everywhere. She was in shock. In shock that he was dead and in shock that she knew Pac did it.