XV

"That shit was hot Pac!" Suge yelled into the mic as Tupac's friends celebrated his successful recording.
Suge, Pac, Snoop and Dre decided the first step to respond was releasing a diss track.
Tupac rolled himself out of the booth, "When we gonna drop it?"
"I'mma see if I can have it out by next week." Suge said assuringly.
Pac nodded and drank out of a beer bottle as they reviewed the track.
"After this, I gotta head out."
"You just got here" Snoop said.
"Jada got me on lockdown, I gotta get back before she does."

"Let me talk to you for a minute Pac," Suge began walking his way to the private room.

"Wassup?"

"This is about to be the beginning of something new and I want to make sure you don't have any distractions."

"What you mean?" Pac furrowed his eyebrows.

"I overheard what you and Lisa was talking about earlier, I just wanna make sure you good on your side."

"I'm straight Suge, the bitch is crazy"

Suge became hesitant, "Pac, you know you can trust me, I know y'all had something going on at the par—"

"Didn't I say I was straight?" Pac said before Suge could finish his thought.

"Alright." He put his hands up in defense, "I just like to check on my people."

"No you just like to be in a nigga business" Pac slightly laughed, so he wouldn't make Suge mad, "I'm back in the game, ain't nothing to worry about."

Suge nodded, "Alright. Stay up Pac, you at your crib right?"

He shook his head "Nah, I'm with J for some weeks." Pac remembered that Jada didn't want Suge near her house, but he trusted him.

"Ight, I'll see you, keep writing those songs, next time we starting on the album."

They dapped each other up and Pac rolled out of the room. He looked towards Dre who was whispering in his wife's ear.

"Dre!" Michel'le rolled her eyes.

Pac interrupted, "Dre I'm ready.."

Dre death stared his wife before he got up and walked to the car.

Once Pac was situated in the car, he looked at Dre, "Why y'all so tense all the time?"

"Cause she annoying, she don't ever do what I tell her."

"There you go. I told you can't control that woman."

Dre shook his head and drove Pac to Jada's in silence.

Thankfully, once they reached her house, Jada wasn't there, even though it was 2:30.

"Imma see you Dre, keep me in the loop"

Dre nodded and Pac brought himself into the house. He tried to wait until she got back, but ended up falling asleep in the living room.

4:45

The lock clicked and Jada walked in the house to find Pac laid out on the couch.
He stirred due to the noise from the door.