VI

6:30pm

"And they never tried to attack us again..." Afeni was telling her son her Black Panther adventures. They were his favorite things to hear. Afeni eventually came back from the store earlier, she purchased some of Tupac's favorite snacks and necessities, so he wouldn't be too uncomfortable in the hospital. Jada still has not returned after their small argument earlier in the morning.

"I wanted to be a Black Panther growing up so bad Ma.." He said to her as she crossed out words in her crossword puzzle book.

"I know. You like trouble. It's what you attract."

Tupac cut his eyes at his mother, "Not true."
He sucked on his lip and clenched the thin sheets with his fists. His wounds hurt, his head hurt, and his throat was hurting. He literally felt like he was on the bottom. Suge and Snoop ended up back flying L.A earlier than scheduled because they didn't feel safe in New York after the shooting. Dre stayed back to be with Pac. He felt very helpless and lonely. He had his mother, Jada, and Dre, but he felt like it wasn't enough..

"Ma, what time you leavin?"

"In a few minutes, I have to get back to work by tomorrow." Afeni said while taking a sip of her water.

"Don't leave me here alone."

Afeni furrowed her eyebrows, "Jada is here? Where is she?"

He smacked his lips, "I don't know where that girl at, her stubborn self stormed out of here when I said I wanted revenge on the motherfu—the person who did this." Tupac shut his eyes, knowing what he was getting ready to hear.

"She has every right to. You're the stubborn one. Just list—."

Tupac dug his nails into his skin, "I don't want to fucking sit and listen! I want revenge. I'm tired of hearing the same shit and I'm tired of being in this position!" he snapped.

Afeni showed a stunned look, "Tupac Amaru..."

Realizing the mistake, Tupac quickly sucked up, "I'm sorry Ma, but—"

"But what? You're gonna have a tantrum because people are telling you they don't wanna see you dead?"
He groaned in annoyance.

"I am finished having this conversation with you. I expect you to act like a man and make things right with Jada. Otherwise, if the next time I have to see you is at your funeral then so be it." Afeni stood up from her seat and prepared to leave.

"Ma. Don't say that. I'm sorry. I love you"

"I love you too. Goodbye" With that, Afeni was on the next flight home.

Tupac sighed very loudly, "Fuck"

"The doctor said you're progressing at a faster pace than others Pac."

Tupac looked at the door to see the short-curly haired brownskin woman, "Jada? Where the fuck you been? Been paging you all damn day."

Jada treaded her feet to the couch where she threw her purse. "I needed time away from you. To recharge. To freshen up? I'm not allowed to do that?"