Disclaimer

Hi to anyone reading my first fanfiction! I absolutely loved writing this and I really hope you enjoy reading it.

Just so you aren't confused as you read this, it is set in half-blood prince and will be an alternate story from near the end of half-blood prince until the end of deathly hallows part 2.

As well as this I am taking on the fan theory that when Dumbledore dies the anti-apparation ward around Hogwarts is broken and is later 're-installed' by Snape purely because it works best for my plot as well as I love that it gives the idea that Dumbledore's death signifies the loss of safety at Hogwarts and that when Snape puts the charm back on it is to protect Hogwarts once again despite everyone thinking he is evil.

Also, the timeline won't be exact but I'll explain as much as I can in the story!!

Some chapters will have small time jumps of 30 minutes to a couple of hours and this will be added by XXX or something along those lines
simply because adding the entire timespan would not only be boring and repetitive in areas for me to write but for you guys to read!

This is definitely a slow burn fiction and will not be as spicy as some other Dramione fanfictions but any sexual chapters will be starred so those of you who don't want to read them will not have to, they won't add to the storyline and if they do the section will be in italics at the start of the next chapter so no one misses anything!

These characters, spells, scenes and creatures are not mine unless stated (Duffy, Topper, Mopsie, Dig.) I hoped I wouldn't feel the need to put this but after a couple of social media posts I feel like it has to be said, please don't plagiarise or steal my or other author's work! I do not give permission for this fanfic to be PDFed, printed or bound in any format. We all work hard and I would hate to see my work plastered somewhere else under another name or someone gaining a profit from my work.

Without further ado...

Serpent in the Lion's Den

Happy Reading <3 (Hopefully!)