42. The Amazing Dancing Ferret

"Bloody hell, Ginny?! Dad?!" Ron shouted, leaping out of the boat and running over to his family and almost bowling his sister over in a hug.

"Ron it's not been that long get off me" Ginny laughed as she pushed one of her six brothers towards her dad before making her way over to Harry. The wizard wrapped his arms around her waist and spun her around, kissing her forehead and smiling before remembering where he was and setting Ginny back down, patting her shoulder awkwardly.

"Smooth Potter" Draco laughed and nodded stiffly in Ginny's direction as Harry turned to the twins,

"Made it here alright then?"

"Saw that dragon fly through the roof and realised you three had ballsed up," George laughed as he walked over in perfect time with his twin. "went to the unit and got here about two minutes ago, so how badly did you three balls up?" Fred finished.

"Horrifically" Harry sighed, his arm still coiled around Ginny's waist, "let's get inside and we'll tell you about it and Gin you can explain why you're here too."

"Simple, Mione needed the distraction and I needed a break from Headmaster Severus Snape. I'm going back tomorrow though" Ginny said, walking up the path to the cottage and suddenly turned, a wicked smile etched onto her face, "speaking of Mione... would you like you're grave dug there or over here? Because you're dead Malfoy" the witch laughed, comically pointing to either side of the bay.

"Scale of one to Crucio Weaslette, how bad is it?" Draco groaned, instantly taking a like to the only Weasel capable of tolerance and sarcasm, bar the twins.

"Avada... and Weaslette, really? Nothing more original?" Ginny smirked, "well don't worry The Amazing Dancing Ferret, you'll have plenty of time to think of a better one in the dog house."

Draco scowled, he'd hated that nickname and something about Ginny mentioning it now tugged at something in his head, but he couldn't figure out why it bothered him. As the Weaslette had said, he'd have plenty of time to figure it out in the dog-house. He left the masses of red, raven and blonde hair in the kitchen and made his way up the stairs towards his witch's room. The Slytherin opened the door slowly and stepped into the room,

"Minnie? I'm back... we all are," he said, staring at the back of the witch's head as she had refused to turn to look at him. He settled himself in the chair and stared at the floor, "come on Minnie you knew I would go regardless, it had to be done... Merlin would you at least look at me!" he snapped, becoming quickly frustrated as his cheeks grew hot and flushed to a similar shade as his jumper.

"I did this for you! With another horcrux in Potter's possession The Dark Lord grows weaker! Don't you know what that means! For Salazar's sake LOOK AT ME!" the wizard shouted, slamming his palm down on the chair's arm. He couldn't fathom as to why Hermione was so angry when he'd actually done something good for one and helped her two best friends. At the sound of his palm against the wood, the witch's head slowly began to turn and as hazel met grey Draco wished he'd never asked her to turn around.

Hermione's eyes were rimmed with deep red blotches and filled with hot tears. Her cheeks were flushed to a dark shade of crimson and Draco could tell that her hands were shaking worse than ever before even though they were under the blanket.

"You promised me." Hermione whispered, her voice trembling and thick, as though she had a cold. Without a second thought or care that she might push him away Draco moved onto the bed and wrapped his arms around the witch, managing to carefully slip his arm underneath her legs and pull her onto his lap.

"I know, I know I did and I'm sorry, but it had to be done and I- I couldn't let you go knowing that if you didn't come back that it would be because of me." He said into her hair, his thumbs absentmindedly brushing against the small of her back and across her knee.