How You Met. Kind of.

You don't remember how you got here, in this swirling pitch of darkness, you just. Existed. Not that you would know, you were completely confused, cold, and empty. But it didn't last long when your virgin senses, mainly the ears, picked up something you had never heard of before.
It was a strange sound, different sounds forming some kind of pattern that repeated every now and then, but it definitely calmed you. It made the place feel less lonely.
You continued to listen to the lovely noise until you fell unconscious.

The next time you woke up, it was to the sound of voices, two different tones that seemed to be speaking to each other. And they were nothing like the noises coming from this darkness you were in.
One sounded high. Too loud. But the other one was, low, soft, and warm enough that you could almost wrap it around your conscience ready for your next awakening.
And then the first sound you heard before began to make itself known, but it was different this time. A different rhythm with new sounds you had never heard before. It didn't matter though, you still loved it.
And you wanted more. You wanted to hear more of this lovely sound, you wanted it to fill the silence that you were constantly stuck in. But first, sleep, you were getting tired.

Time never seemed to change where you were, all you remembered was waking up and finding yourself no longer in the strange, swirling darkness. Instead, you found yourself on something, different. Everything was too bright for your sensitive eyes, you didn't like it, you wanted to back in the dark. It wasn't nice.
You tried to fall back asleep, but the new place along with the pain of the light was too much and caused you to panic. Where was the lovely sound that made you sleepy? Where were you? Why couldn't you go back? You just wanted to go back to the darkness.
Not to mention the strange pressure that was pushing from behind you, you tried to ignore it as you tried to calm your rushing senses. Brightness aside, there were strange creatures walking past you, but not seeing you.
"Morning Sammy, had a good night?"
A growl was heard, but it wasn't you.
"Never mind then, oh, before I forget, I got those frames ready for you to look at"
"About damn time"
You perked up as you listened to the voices more, one of them was definitely the voice you had heard before when you were in the darkness. And considering it was making the same noises as it moved away, it didn't take you long to figure out where to go next.
There was only one problem, this strange force was keeping you from getting closer to the lovely voice creature. You had to follow the flow and hope you would find the creature before you fell back into the darkness.
The problem lied in the flow, it was moving at such a fast paste that you had a hard time trying to stay in the sight of the creature. Sometimes it disappeared behind another force and other times you would find yourself waiting to see whether or not the creature went somewhere else.
But. You persevered. And soon found yourself watching him walk into some strange portal and appeared to be resting on a strange object. You let out a garbled noise of triumph. You let out another noise of triumph when you realised you could be on the same side of the portal the creature was in while it rested.
You were a little disappointed when you didn't hear any of that lovely music, but you didn't mind, you found the soft voice that helped you sleep and feel warm. It was enough for now. And besides, if the creature was resting, then it should do that, you don't want him to wear down and be unable to make the other lovely sound.
It was no different to you moving through this gooey substance and needing to rest, especially when you were fighting a force that was going in the opposite direction as you.
So you stayed there, you don't know how long, but you stayed there, watching the lovely voice creature make those lovely 'hmm' noises as well as 'tap-tap' sounds. Personally, the 'hmm' noise was better, it made you feel funny and tired.
Sadly though, the moment the creature got up and made his way to the strange portal, you began to feel the coldness, you fought against the force pushing you away from the creature, you fought your hardest to cling to the warmth that was slowly leaving you. You were getting tired. Why were you so tired when you had so much energy before?
"Good night Sammy"
"When it comes to Joey, I never get any"
Your last thought and vision were of the lovely voice going through another portal before the darkness took over.

"Morning, early as usual Sammy?"
"Shut up, Wally"
"Hi to you too"
More sounds, warmth, and that lovely warm voice. But where was it coming from? It was too dark, where was the light from last time?
"The day Joey stops harassing me is when hell freezes over"
"If such a day does happen, I'm buying you a whole box of cigars, good luck Sammy"
"As if I need luck"
"When it comes to Joey? You need all the luck you can get"
"Point taken"
THERE! the light was right in front of you. You forced all of your willpower to reach it...
And found yourself back in the portal place where the creature last rested. But this time, it had something close to itself. It was a strange-looking object, a round shape with a thick line coming out of it. Then there were the thin-looking lines connected from both shapes and tiny-looking shapes coming out of the thick line.
"Alright, test time, let's hope there aren't any more distractions this time Joey"
Tesss-t? What was that?
You continued to observe the creature as it shifted. And then you heard it.
Do, do, do-di. Do, do, do-di. Di, di, di-do
It was that strange sound you had heard before while you were drifting. But it didn't sound as loud as before. Maybe it needed more of these things to make it louder? No matter, you got your wish to hear the lovely sound.
You continued to watch the creature's hidden form with the warmth filling you to the point you felt like you were floating in the swirling darkness again. You could get used to this. And you still felt the warmth long after the creature left through the portals.
You hadn't realised you had been smiling the entire time.