The Calm During The Storm

It became a routine after that. You would 'wake up' to the sound of the soft and warm sound, followed it into its resting place among the portals, then spend the rest of the time listening to the 'hmm' noises and the occasional 'do-di'. You never grew tired of it.
And you even learned some new words when other creatures came through to communicate with your warm voice creature. But you were still confused about what some of them meant, let alone how to pronounce them. So you continued to just listen to the 'hmm' sound instead.
At some point though, you were surprised to see the creature get up from its resting place and leave through the portal and down a different tunnel than the one you were used to seeing it use.
And so, like many times before. You followed the creature down the new tunnel. And was greeted to a new portal of a whole different world.
You couldn't see much, but from what little you could tell, this portal was larger than any other portal you had come across. There were resting places along with a strange-looking item against the edge of the side of the portal. Could it be another one of the strange sounds? What did they call it again? Moo-sic? Song? Something like that.
If this was true, then you were certainly looking forward to hearing more of the moo-sic.
"You know the drill by now, practice first, then performance" you heard the soft and warm voice say, although it didn't sound warm this time, it felt colder, why though?
There was a strange tapping sound, silence. And then you felt it, you heard it. It was the sound from before when you first woke up. Kind of. It was different before and there was a strange 'squeak' noise. Then the moo-sic stopped.
"Why didn't you test the instrument BEFORE I came in" your tunnel felt warmer than this.
"I did, I don't know why it's squeaking" a lighter sound replied.
"Everyone, re-test your equipment before we try this out, I don't want any faffing about" you were certain you heard a low 'you should know this by now.'
As much as you wanted to stay there and wait, you did not like the idea of being around so many of those creatures. What if they saw you? What if they started to crowd around you?
You may love the sounds but you did not want to listen to the words that didn't sound nice, worse than they were cold and heartless. It was beginning to get overwhelming.
"THAT WAS ALL WRONG! DO IT AGAIN!"
You flinched and moved away, deciding it was best to just observe the other creatures. Hopefully, this would teach you more about these creatures' behavior, and help you calm down from that little problem.
You should have paid attention to the pressure around you.

You decided to look around the portal area that your soft and warm (not right now though) voice creature would leave through. This place was quiet with the creatures resting and doing. Something. On white objects, and wherever they touched it, a black line would be left in its place. There was also the occasional sound of the creatures communicating with each other.
It was so strange to see this, it certainly wasn't like the other place with the moo-sic.
And thanks to the many tunnels that were surrounding this portal, you had no problems observing the creatures below you. You watched the creatures, you observed others.
It may not have been the place you were interested in. But it was something. At least until the main portal opened to reveal a very loud and energetic creature that made your portal and the moo-sic place feel warmer.
"Good afternoon everyone, how are the episodes coming along?"
"Same as last time sir, progress and should be on time provided we don't have any distractions" someone replied.
"Of course, of course" that sound made your existence want to freeze in place.
"How was the meeting, by the way, Mr. Drew?"
"Progress is being made, but they are being very stubborn, keep smiling though, we'll get there" the creature started moving "please don't come into my office unless it's an emergency" and then it disappeared.
What was strange though, was that the moment that loud voice creature left, the other creatures, who had been neutral, immediately went rude and hissed things that made you shiver and cringe.
You briefly thought that it could just be because that creature was being loud, darkness knows you might have done that as well.
When they began to speak low to the point that you couldn't hear them, you left them and went to another part of the portals area. A place that had more communication about. Fray-ms? Sket-ch? Im-age? They must have been referring to the black stuff they were using on the white object.
You stayed there, watching from inside your tunnel, learning words, testing them inside your mind, and long till it was time for all the creatures to leave. But this time, you didn't rest. Instead, you felt more awake, more alert. This certainly never happened before. So why now?
Mentally humming, you began to focus on the sensation. But there wasn't any focus point, it was stretched everywhere... wait. Stretched out. Long tunnel...

Door/door frame.
Room. Corridor.
Human. People. Joey Drew. Susie Campbell. Norman Poke.
Sketching/drawing. Frames. Boris. Alice Angel.
Bendy the Dancing Demon.
S A M M Y L A W R E N C E.
Sammy. Sammy. Sammy. Warm and soft voice.
M U S I C.
Banjo
Drum
Bass
Violin
Piano
Guitar
I N K. MA C H I N E. I N K. E V E R Y. W H E R E. S T U D I O.
Names. Name. Name. W H A T I S M Y N A M E ?!

You scream.
The pipes shook and rattle. Ink dripping in certain parts of the studio.
The machine stays silent and still.