...One Giant Leap For Disaster

The moment he stood outside the doors of the hospital after however many days it was, Sammy felt a momentary peace he had not felt in a long while. Norman had been checking up on him from time to time and gave him progress on what was happening at the Studio.
Including the temporary musician who was making a good deal of botching up the music. Which Sammy knew he was going to give the person an earful.
But he couldn't help but wonder why his face seemed a little, shifty. He had tried asking him about it, but Norman kept his mouth shut on the subject. And then his eyes would pierce into his own as if to say 'not now'.
He didn't know what that meant, but he was determined to find out when he went back to work. For now, though, he had a home to go back to and rest up. Before he was once again thrown into the lion's den that belonged to Joey Drew.
But the one thing that hurt him the most, was that Susie had not visited him once since he was stuck to the hospital bed.

The next day, Sammy had made sure that he was clean and well-rested before his march towards the nightmare. He stood outside the main door for a good few seconds before he entered the building, and already his ears went into overdrive over the loud noises of the main room.
Along with the many exclaimers of workers when they realised who it was that entered the building, they began barging him with questions on if he was okay to work.
He decided he should be grateful. It was clear that he at least still had a job, something should have occurred to him after he left the hospital, or should have asked Norman about it. But judging by their happy expressions and questions, he decided to just push it to the back of his mind. After all. How many people could say they had a second chance in these troubled times?
Leaving that question for later, he pushed past everyone who was trying to invade his personal bubble. But it didn't last long when he heard the voice of the one and only-
"Sammy, I'm so glad to see you're doing well, I hope" and there was the devil himself.
"Hello, Drew" Sammy replied tiredly. Great, not even in this building for a minute and he was already feeling the mental drain of a long day of work "as much as I would like to stay and catch up, I have songs to write, they don't write themselves you know"
Joey made a joyful 'HA!' and slapped Sammy on the back hard enough that he almost lost his balance "true dedication, that's what I love about you, Sammy. I knew there was a reason I kept you around"
Besides me being the only one that can put up with you? Sammy sighed mentally Where's an axe when you need one?
"Nice to see you again, keep up the amazing work" as Joey left, Sammy liked to imagine the little devil himself running after him with a pitchfork.
He had to hold back the laughter that was threatening to escape. No need to give the people any concern about his 'health'.
He pushed past everyone and made his way to the Music Department. He had work to do and one Norman Polk to talk to near the end of the day. His memory, for the most part, was fine if a little hazy, and a mess. More so than it already was.

He still found it creepy to see everyone looking at him with a smile and saying they were glad that he was alright. He was used to seeing them either running away from him or rushing past him to avoid eye contact. He wasn't bothered completely. Although he did hope to find Susie at some point so that they could talk.
He and Susie had been secretly dating since the building's reconstruction, and while they had been to keep everything behind closed doors, there were some people who seemed to know the truth. Both had agreed to keep everything personal outside the workspace.
It didn't stop the occasional flirt, wink, and sneaky kiss every now and then.
"Sammy?" speak of the angel "Sammy, oh my god I am so happy to see you again"
He barely had time to turn when he was suddenly engulfed in a warm hug from his girl.
His girl. Was she even his girl to begin with?
"Sammy, I only heard yesterday that you were being released from the hospital, I am so glad to see you here again" she sniffled slightly "are you okay to work?"
"I wouldn't be here if I wasn't Susie" Sammy replied softly, giving her a pat on the shoulder before pushing her off of him gently, she could be a handful sometimes.
He still cared about her though.
Once she was in eye contact with him again, she continued "well considering you survived an ink pipe burst followed by ink poison, I'd like to think this would be called for some concern"
Not my fault that my past came back to haunt me Sammy thought, but he verbally replied with "my office, now Ms. Campbell"
That sensation came back again, someone was watching him. That sentence he gave Susie was code for 'someone's coming'. She didn't need to say anything as she gave him a nod and followed him all the way to his office.
The few people that did encounter them just gave him a nod of acknowledgment and carried on with their walk. To which Sammy was grateful. For now anyway.