d a y t h r e e

"How strange
To dream of you
Even when
I am wide awake"

V I O L E T
May 3
8:02 A.M.

I wake up in his arms.

We had fallen asleep against the astronomy tower wall and had stayed there all night. I turn my head to see him still asleep, his eyebrows are slightly furrowed but he looks peaceful. He has a fallen eyelash on his cheek and I pick it off carefully. There is a saying that my mother used to tell me before I had lost her, "blowing an eyelash into the wind is like making a wish".

I look at Mattheo once again and admire him. He is so beautiful. I kiss his cheek and stand up, heading towards the railing.

With his eyelash on my finger, I make a wish for Mattheo and blow it into the wind.

Mattheo deserves love because his parents couldn't give it to him. Mattheo deserves love because he listened to me when nobody else would. Mattheo deserves love because deep down, I know he hurts too.

"Violet?" Mattheo's morning voice is deep and groggy and I smile at him.

He gets up quickly as if he had just noticed that I was standing near the edge again.

"What are you doing?" he stands beside me. "You had a fallen eyelash so I came over here to make a wish". He smiles and I assume he knows the saying because he doesn't question my actions.

"What did you wish for?"

"I wish for you to get a happy ending." I look at him and he has the biggest smile that I have ever seen on a person. I've never made someone smile so hard, and it feels good that I have.

If only I could feel like this forever.

But I know better than that.

It never lasts.

-

We walk back to hogwarts in silence. He takes long strides but my legs are much shorter so I have to walk faster than normally to catch up with him. I stare at the back of his head as he looks forward.

I wonder how someone so beautiful can be a product of somebody so evil.

I wonder if he has ever been in love.

I wonder why he only calls me by my first name when he calls everyone else by their last name.

M A T T H E O
8:15 A.M.

I ask her if she wants to get breakfast with me and she hums in response. She's a slow walker so I have to decrease my pace so she can catch up. She looks tired and every once in a while she lets out a tiny sigh or she starts humming a small tune.

cute

I think back to what she told me this morning and her smile when she told me "I wish for you to get a happy ending". But I wonder if she knows that having a happy ending for me, requires her being  alive.

"I think we should skip class today" I say, turning my head so I can look at her. She laughs, "But i've missed so much already". I shrug my shoulders and mumble a "so?"

She looks at me for a few seconds before smiling. I think she knows what i'm doing, so she complies.

V I O L E T
8:22 A.M.

We head to my dorm room so I can change out of my pajamas. Florence isn't here so I assume she's already eating breakfast in the great hall. I pick my clothes out and turn towards Mattheo who is staring at me with a cheeky smile on his face.

"Are you going to turn around?" I ask, but he just shrugs. I roll my eyes and change right in front of him. I don't mind. Once i'm done changing Mattheo tells me i'm "beautiful" so I laugh it off and tell him "okay". I know i'm not the best at handling compliments but it doesn't really matter. Besides, Florence was the one that normally got them.

Mattheo and I apparated to the muggle world. He was very judgemental and would comment on how dirty and disgusting muggles lived. In some way, I guess he did inherit something from his father. We walk to a near by diner and he buys me waffles while he eats pancakes.

"Y'know, waffles are much better than pancakes" I say. His mouth opens in shock as he gasps, "how dare you say that!". I laugh because he's trying to make me smile. I watch him as he munches on his pancakes and I can't help but notice the scars on his chest that are showing from underneath his button up. He notices me staring at them.

"When I was young my 'mum' used to use a number of curses on me. She said I reminded her too much of my father." he mumbles, and I bite the inside of my cheek because I feel terrible. Mattheo took his time to ask me about my life earlier, but I was too selfish and never asked him about his.

"I'm sorry, Theo." He looks up at me and I realize what I had called him. I cover my mouth and say "oh", but he just smiles. "I only let people I like call me Theo, and that's not many."

I'm about to say sorry again but he interupts me, "you can call me Theo, Vi."

I feel like i'm about to melt in my spot. I smile at him and I can feel heat rising to my cheeks.

"Nobody other than Florence calls me Vi. Not even Enzo or Draco," I say "but you can call me Vi."

We're silent for a moment, but then he speaks, "Have you ever been in love?"

I shake my head, "No. I love people, but i've never been in love."

"Not even Malfoy?"

I almost choke on my food.

"I'm sorry, what?"

"He told me you guys have shagged a lot", He puts the emphasis on the last two words. I shake my head and roll my eyes, typical Draco always running his mouth. "We've only slept together once, and we were both drunk." I mumble.

"So he's lying?" He asks, "Do you really think i'd want to sleep with someone like him more than once?" I ask. Mattheo laughs at this, and that makes me smile. A  real smile. 

He made me smile.

Mattheo had asked me what kind of things made me happy and I had told him what I told Florence. I tell him "I enjoy watching Muggle films" to which he nods. He takes me to a movie theatre after we finish our breakfast and we sit in the back. Nobody else is in the theatre because it's still early in the day and many muggles are at work or home. We begin watching a film about love and missed opportunities and halfway through, I turn my attention towards Mattheo instead. He actually looks interested in the film, his eyebrows raising every few seconds as he watches the scenes unfold. The light from the movie shines on his skin making him look pale with a blue hue.

I want to kiss him,

But I turn my head back towards the movie.

M A T T H E O
10:04 A.M.

The movie is interesting.

Violet calls them films and I think that's her way of trying to seem more sophisticated.

I turn my head to look at her, her eyes are glued to the splayed out screen in front of us, her lips are slightly apart and I can see her two top teeth. She notices me staring so she looks into my eyes. She asks me why i'm looking at her and not the movie but I don't answer, I just keep my eyes on her because she is beautiful.

I kiss her.

V I O L E T
10:10 A.M.

His lips crash onto mine and I can feel the butterflies in my stomach. I've never felt this way when someone else was kissing me, so I'm not sure if it's a good or bad thing. His hand has moved towards the back of my head, pushing us closer to one another. As if he's scared that I will dissapear at any moment.

His kiss was enough to turn the ocean sweet,

it was enough to bring back a dead flower.

and the moment he had pulled back I felt like the world had stopped spinning.

He smiles at me and I smile back.