d a y t e n

"When we leave this world,
we give up all our possessions and our memories.
Love is the only thing we take with us.
It is all we carry from one life
to the next."

M A T T H E O
May 10
6:15 P.M.

It's the last day today and if I get her past midnight tonight, i'll have her forever. I wanted to do something special, so I take Violet to the movie theatre where we first kissed. It's a bit bizarre knowing that eleven days ago, I barely even acknowledged her, but now I want to spend every living moment I have in her presence.

After apparating, we walk to the theatre and she talks about the ocean the whole way there.

I find it funny that she loves the ocean because I think of her as the human form of one.

V I O L E T
7:02 P.M.

Mattheo begged me to watch the same film we watched last time, i don't understand why but we do anyways.

He calls movies films now.

I wonder if he actually likes the plot or if he likes the pretty girls that are on the screen. When I was little my mum used to ask me what I wanted to be when I grew up, I remember always saying "pretty". If only I hadn't placed so much value on my own beauty because now it no longer interests me as much as it used to. My appearence no longer belongs to me, it belongs to an audience. I wonder if Mattheo loves me or the way I look.

I think he loves both.

I look at Mattheo and I get deja vu, I want to kiss him just as bad as the first time.

M A T T H E O
7:03 P.M.

I turn my head to look at her but she's not looking at the film, she's looking at me. Everything was the same as day three, except this time we both knew we loved eachother. I lean in and kiss her because it's the last night and I don't want her to slip away like sand in my hand at the beach.

This is the best kiss yet because all of our love is put into it and we both savour this moment because nothing will ever beat the feeling of being in love with her. We both pull back because we're running out of air and the moment I look into her eyes I know that I will never love another being as much as I love her.

V I O L E T
8:26 P.M.

When the movie is over Mattheo and I head to an alley way so we can apparate home.

I wish we hadn't.

Why is it that when I am finally afraid of death, my life is always in danger? I am being held at gun point by a crazy muggle demanding us for all our change. We don't have any so he looks at me and smirks. I look over at Mattheo and I know what he's going to do, so I shake my head at him, begging him not to do anything stupid. Mattheo's body shields mine and I can feel the air around us grow thicker as he pulls out his wand. He yells Avada Kedavra and I hear the deadly ring of a gun and I can no longer stand because my knees are wobbling and I'm crying too hard. I don't look at the Muggle because I know he is already dead. My tears fall onto Mattheos face because he's on the ground with a bullet wound through his chest and he's gasping for air. He's looking right at me and I tell him he's going to be okay and that I love him but his eyes close. There's blood all over my hands because I'm trying to stop it all from rushing out but nothing is working. I take my wand out and try to use healing spells but it's too late. My ears are ringing and my throat is dry as I scream for help but nobody comes over. Blood is pooling around us and I look at my bloodstained hands, my body is shaking and my throat is screeching because I realize our story is in its closing pages and is reaching a sudden end. I reach for his hand, holding it in mine refusing to believe that our final page is creeping up.

I cry and cry and beg for him to wake up because this isn't how it's supposed to end.

Why did you leave me so early, Mattheo?

I don't know what to do so I apparate us back to Riddle manor, I leave his body in the garden and I sob so hard the noise that escapes my throat doesn't even sound human. I grab dozens and dozens of violet flowers and place them on Mattheos body. I couldn't leave him there in the muggle world in that dirty alley, he deserves better than that.

I kiss his cold lips one last time and I tell him I love him.

I grab one last Violet flower and put it in my pocket, running inside the manor and towards his bedroom. I open his drawers and pull out one of his t-shirts, putting it on myself so I don't have to look at the red wine blood that has stained my blouse. I walk over to the balcony to see Mattheo's body one last time and I cry even harder. I wish we could've had more time.

Before I leave I notice a book on his bedside table and I bite my lip so hard it starts to bleed.

In Violet, I have finally found what I have always dreamt about. the kind of love that is rare.
I don't think I deserve her love but she gives it to me anyways . only me. Her love touches the deepest parts of me and I know that I wouldn't hesitate to choose her in every lifetime.
I would give her my flesh and bones and I like to think that in a parallel world, we would live together in a small home surrounded by gardens and we would make love in a field of wilted flowers. I love her with a deeper love than any human heart has ever known. If my soul has to live a million lifetimes, I will always wait for her because it's Violet. Because no one else makes sense.

My tears fall onto the page and they smudge the ink that has glided itself on the paper. I lay in his bed and take in the scent of his shampoo on his pillow, if I squeeze my eyes hard enough, maybe he'll reappear. But he doesn't. I let out a blood curdling scream into his pillow. If anyone had heard me they would have thought I was getting murdered. I look at the wall above his bed and I don't move from my spot for hours.

When I get up, it's midnight.