d a y e i g h t

"just because it feels good for a moment,
doesn't mean it lasts forever."

V I O L E T
May 8
2:15 P.M.

Today, Mattheo and I are going to go visit the ocean. He apparates us and i'm taken aback at how breathtaking it looks when the blue waves crash over the rocks and sand. The sunlight is bright so Mattheo squints his eyes, I keep mine wide open because I enjoy the slight burn it gives me.

I walk over to the water as I feel it hit my warm skin, grains of sand hitting my toes. I take my shirt and skirt off, leaving me in my undergarments. We didn't bring bathing suits, so this'll have to do.

"What are you doing?" Mattheo asks, looking around and making sure no one else was around to see me in a state that only he could see me in.

"You can't just visit an ocean as beautiful as this one and not go in the water."

Mattheo shrugs but he takes his clothes off anyways, leaving him in only his black boxers. I stare at him because he's even more beautiful than the ocean. Mattheo runs through sand and towards the water, jumping in. I laugh and follow him. I don't go too deep though because I know I can't swim that well.  We're still on the shallow end as I splash him with water, he yells and splashes me back. He moves towards me as we kiss in the water, droplets have fallen from our hair and onto our faces.

I can taste the salt on his lips from the ocean yet his touch is so sweet.

The waves are slowly moving us deeper into the ocean, so I pull back. Mattheo lets me go and swims further, enjoying the way the cool water is splashing against his skin. I swim after him, but it gets too deep and now the waves are crashing over me and every time I try to breath, a waft of water enters my nose.

"The-!"I try to yell but i'm hit by another wave yet again. My legs are getting tired from trying to keep myself up. I cough because the salt water has entered my nose and throat and I try to scream his name again but i'm dragged under by the water and its current.

I can hear him yell for me but I can't respond. He gets to me as quick as he can and he uses his strength to pull me back up along with him. We hit the air as I cough up water, trying to breath as best as I can. He brings us closer to the shallow end, "Merlin, Vi. What were you thinking?"

I don't respond, I just cry. I cry into his arms and he holds me tightly because he almost lost me again. I wonder how many times he has saved my life, and I realize that for once, death actually scared me.

Mattheo was my protector, lover, and friend all in one.