d a y s e v e n

"you tell me
everything is going to be okay
but no matter how many times you say it
nothing ever changes
why?"

V I O L E T
May 7
1:45 P.M.

It's the weekend so Mattheo apparates us to Riddle manor. The first thing I do is take in and admire the architecture. It's beautiful, but intimidating. In a way, I realize it mimics Mattheo.

Mattheo walks with me and we enter the manor, so many beautiful artifacts and pictures hanging on the wall, decorating the cold and dark hallway. I take Mattheo's hand and hold my body close to his, as if he could be ripped apart from me at any given moment. He kisses my head to reassure me that nothing is going to happen.

Both Mattheo and I had been surrounded by death our whole lives.

We had different reasons as to why it was always in our atmosphere, but all I knew was that as long as he was here with me, I'd have a reason to live.

M A T T H E O
1:50 P.M.

I take her to my room first and I laugh when the first thing she does is run to my bed. She delves into the cushions and mumbles something into the pillow but I don't hear her. I sit with her and watch her sprawled out hair lay so effortlessly and gently on her skin. "What did you say?" I ask, kissing the crevice between her neck and shoulder.

She turns to face me, "I said I wish I could sleep forever."

I don't blink until she pulls me in for a kiss, "with you, of course."

I kiss her again and she climbs onto my lap. If we stayed like this forever, I wouldn't mind. She had my devotion, every last drop of it. We both knew that. I pick her up and take her to the balcony as her face immediately lights up at the sight below us. A garden. Full of flowers and statues and  vines and colours as beautiful as her. Setting her down I admire how perfect she is. Never in my life would I have thought that i'd be as in love as I am at this very moment, taking in her skin that's as soft as silk and as golden as the sun. The garden is beautiful, but if you compare it to Violet, it wouldn't even come close to comparing. She would always be the most beautiful thing in the world. The wind whistles and gently blows against her hair as the soft light from the sun hits her eyes. She smiles wide, the two front teeth longer than the others as she looks at me.

She looks free.

V I O L E T
2:05 P.M.

Mattheo takes me down to the garden and I thank him for bringing me to such a beautiful place. My feet pass along the green grass as I take in the different types of flowers and orchards, a purple butterfly passes me so I follow it until I get to rows of flowers that resemble me. Mattheo stares at me while I stare at the violet painted flowers.

He picks one from out of the garden and takes my hand softly, placing the flower into my hand. He touches me so gently as if i'm glass.

"You are the prettiest thing in this garden." He says.