𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 16 │︎♚︎

"You change your life by changing your heart."

Syfas

Witnessing my father talking to my mate didn't anger me, it was the fact that he almost had let it slip that I was the Dragon king. Nonetheless, it was he who decided I should give up on her, he decided she was no longer roaming this earth barefoot, and it was he who casually decided I needed to find another.

I know my father is only looking out for me but I'm a grown-ass man. I can look after myself and if those tribes don't like the fact that I don't have a mate...well do I have news for them.

"Marshmallows!" My endearing mate chirped out, arms extended towards Axil and if I wasn't so seriously angry at my father, I would have just smiled at her cuteness.

"Can we talk?" He asked, guilt present in his eyes as he looked at me. I couldn't say no, not when my little rose was here but I didn't want to say yes either. I've been away from my little rose far too long and now I want her in my arms.

"Later." I reply and he nodded. Casually, I made my way up the marble stairs, my father meeting me as he descended.

"Goodbye, Kyra." His lips titled upwards in a smile to my mate who by now had a bunch of fluffy marshmallows stuffed in her mouth.

"Bye-bye Mr Dominic." She barely got out as those squishy mini clouds swallowed the sound.
He turned around and left, spinning around on my heels, I make my way to my Queen sitting on my throne, her arms ambushed by a million snacks that were huddled against her chest.

"Bunny, can you watch miraculous ladybug with me?"

"Of course, little rose. Let me just get a fresh change of clothes." I answer, noticing I was still in my bloodied and shredded t-shirt.

"Ok. Hurry back, please."

"I will." I promise, placing a small kiss on the side of her head, watching her fill her face with marshmallows once more before retreating to my bedroom.

I wash the blood off of my arms in the sink, the water splashing everywhere as I caught sight of my face, making sure it was clean for my little rose to kiss.

I turned off the tap, shaking my arms dry and checked myself out once more in the water dripping mirror. Running a hand through my black locks, I rush out and throw on a grey t-shirt and some joggers.

I walk fast-paced through my hallways with just socks on my feet, hearing the resonating sound of heels clinking coming into my direction.

"Syfas, my crazy boy, how are you?" My mother asked as she embraced me into a hug I quickly returned.

"I'm fine, mother." I pat her back and removed myself from her loving arms, desperately wanting to trap my mate between my body.

"Your father told me what happened, he's genuinely apologetic. He didn't want to resort to...that horrid suggestion but you know how the Royal Council gets. They want any chance to overthrow you from the throne."

I sigh, my father always knew the best decisions for me, always helped me in my desperate times when I was unsure if I could rule. Although the last decision of his was outrageous, I knew he was just looking out for me.

"I know mother. I will talk with him later." She nodded at me gratefully and a blissful smile broke out on her face.

"Thank you. That reminds me, who did you assign to the greenhouse?"

"I didn't assign anyone there, you like to garden there alone, remember?"

"Oh." She replied clearly perplexed. "It's just that I haven't had much time recently and I thought you had assigned someone to take care of it."