𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 3 │︎♚︎

"Let your kindness come like rain that cares not whom it falls upon."

Kyra

(meanwhile)

"I'll be back soon, my precious fairy," her father softly reassured Kyra. He reached for his hat, turning to face his innocent daughter with a tender smile.

Kyra Ambers possessed an innate sweetness and fragility, resembling an angel not only in appearance but also in her pure heart. To shield her from any potential harm, he had no other option but to retreat to their secure sanctuary – a spacious cabin nestled deep within the Ethical Forest. It was a haven where fairies sought refuge from their would-be predators.

Fairies were renowned for their extraordinary powers, with each fairy possessing unique abilities. Some wielded greater power than others, and in Kyra's case, unbeknownst to her, she harboured powers that the world had never witnessed before.

"Ok father" she spoke sweetly, she knew he had to go out in order to attain sustenance for them both, she would be forever grateful to her father for his guardianship and kindness towards her after her mother passed of tragic circumstances.

Although their relationship was one of love, Kyra knew there were many secrets within it, her father was always strict when it came to the outside world. She was not to wander further than the beginning of the woods.

Kyra hasn't seen the outside world since, although her father saw it as a means of protection, her dragon, Dawn, saw it as a cage, she couldn't go out exploring how she wished to. Her dream was to find her mate and go on adventures like she's read in books or saw on the TV. Her own naivety had journeys it wanted to curiously explore.

"Good. Remember no wandering." He repeated, it was like a routine he stuck to every time he went out.

"I remember father". She responded, although tired of being bound, she knew it was for her own good.

'Let's go exploring!' Dawn squealed, already bored out of her mind. She loved exploring the thick forest with Kyra ever since she was a young hatchling . They knew the Ethical forest inside out by now, and the many fairies within it.

Kyra smiled at thought of visiting her friends down the path that lead to the magical fountain, just like it's name, it contained magic of wonders. She went there to reminisce those times she had with her mother, when their family was at its peak of happiness.

"Ok! Let me just change". She ran up to her wide bedroom which was decorated with forged and genuine flowers, the soft wind blew into her room through the open glass window where butterflies rested.

She opened her mirrored wardrobe and picked out a baby blue dress, the sleeves floppy and see-through. She kept her legs and feet bare as she loved to feel more connected with nature and the earth.

She jumped down the stairs, excited to go explore the Ethical Forest again, no matter how many times she did, she could never get bored of it.

She pulled open the door of the Cabin, the sun shone down on her, the flowers grew slightly whilst she stepped onto the ground, a patch of grass growing with the contact.

It was something out of a movie, it was almost as if the world revolved around her, the birds were tweeting, the bees buzzing and the wind blew through the large trees, softly swaying her curly golden hair.

Her emerald eyes grew in excitement, her dazzling teeth outshone the sun. She was ready to go exploring again, it was her most favourite thing to do, the next was gazing up at the stars.