𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 1 │︎♚︎

Syfas

Syfas

I stared at the papers in my hands, another rogue attack description that had happened to a neighbouring tribe. Wearing the crown brings burdens beyond what a mere Alpha Dragon can go through, for I am not just a Dragon but The Draco Rex; Dragon king.

A title passed through the generations down to the Steel family and just like the name, I'm cold, hard and powerful. I demand the utmost respect from anyone, no matter who they are, they bow to me in fear of what may happen if they don't.

Even to humans, my commanding presence emanates with undeniable authority, though they may appear insignificant in comparison. They, too, may question the purpose of their existence, much like I do in the absence of a mate.

I'm 23 and I remain without a mate, a circumstance quite unusual among dragons who often find their life partners by the age of 15. Some even assume leadership roles sooner. You might think that I would have already discovered my mate, yet fate has not favoured me in this regard.

My soul harbours an intense hatred to the sight of mates and all things "lovey-dovey." It's a royal decree I foolishly had made where I was not to witness it at all. It angers my dragon, Devil and I'm sure you can guess why people obey.

The only one who breaks these rules is my Beta, Axil Chanarel, my best friend from childhood who so happens to be mated to my sister, if it were anybody else I would've ripped out their throat, but I'm pretty sure Lexa can keep him in place.

I sigh in defeat, the rogues have been attacking much more often than before, their numbers increasing from God knows where. They are well aware that raising this issue could potentially lead to conflict, and it's a matter that will be addressed during the upcoming Supernatural meeting.

The gathering that draws representatives from Tribes, flocks, and various supernatural beings from all Kingdoms.

To be honest, there's no need for the entire world to attend; however, I can't take the risk of missing the opportunity to find my mate. Perhaps, against the odds, she may be among those present at this meeting.

The door swung open to reveal my smirking Beta with my sister in his arms, my jaw clenched and I sucked in a breath before speaking.

"What?" I retorted tersely.

"Come on, brother, chill out," he chuckled out a snort, a reaction that made me cringe. Was he always so...Axil?

"What's on your mind?" I inquired, neatly organizing the papers back into the filing cabinet.

"I'm curious," he paused, sporting a wide grin, "about why all the Tribes from across the globe are gathering for this meeting. It doesn't seem like it concerns everyone."